RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2019, 08:08 PM   #1

Gulf Shores RV Resort

Pandion Ridge Luxury RV Resort.... Wife and I decided to take a two week trip to the Gulf before winter set in and found this place on the web. Highly recommend! This is a 3-4 year new build, and come to find the owner just sold to a chain. Absolutely first class job and will come back. Close to everything you’d want if you have to leave, but honestly you’d never have leave. Very friendly place as well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukenrock View Post
Pandion Ridge Luxury RV Resort.... Wife and I decided to take a two week trip to the Gulf before winter set in and found this place on the web. Highly recommend! This is a 3-4 year new build, and come to find the owner just sold to a chain. Absolutely first class job and will come back. Close to everything you’d want if you have to leave, but honestly you’d never have leave. Very friendly place as well.
Thanks so much for the heads up!
My wife and I thoroughly enjoy the gulf side beach. We’ve been going to Miramar Beach in Sandestin FL for about 35 years. Campgulf on Hwy 98. 16 sites right in the sand with the surf only 30-40 yards away. I’ve been searching for an alternate spot in MS or AL which would be 2-3 hours closer for us. Does this RV Park have spots at or near the beach?

Old 12-03-2019, 07:09 AM   #3

We’ve been to Camp Gulf and Destin West in Ft Walton Beach. Both very nice as well. This one in Orange Beach is not on the Gulf. It does have a couple pools, large lake and connects to a Forest Preserve trail that you can ride your bikes or walk.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:07 AM   #4

Gulf State Park between Gulf Sores and Orange Beach AL is a nice campground especially if you like to bike or walk or are a nature lover. Over 20 miles of paved pathways. Sites are spacious and the facilities are well maintained. Access to the gulf is a short bike ride or car ride away. It’s not easy to get a site but well worth it.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ok thanks
Old 12-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #6

We just ran into some folks that had recently been to Pandion Ridge, so I had wanted to look it up anyway.

I know it’s a brand new resort, but I found this quote from their website and the overhead picture of the grounds to be a bit, well, um, maybe a bit of hopeful future thinking vs. what it is today .

“With 142 spacious, fully equipped sites spread across 30 acres of lushly landscaped and partially wooded grounds.........”

Does this appear to be “lushly landscaped” to anyone else?

In any case, it’s nice to see that new modern RV resorts are being built, and I hope they do well. The folks we talked to that had just stayed there liked it a lot.....

There will be another new RV Resort along I10 just east of Pensacola at exit 31 (FL87 near Milton), Splash RV Resort, that is just starting to be built, and should be at least partially open late next year according to the owner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1294427E-C12A-4835-886E-0C2CCF7C54CD.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	251.4 KB
ID:	268619  
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We stayed two weeks at Pandion last December and really liked it. Nice RV park and people very nice. Clean and big sites. New too.
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
We also spent a week in Orange Beach, Alabama in Oct at Heritage Motorcoach Resort. WOW! Talk about landscaping.

It’s a great area. There is even a huge State Park there with 600 FHU sites.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F7216DEB-3CEF-47C3-A265-3DEC3BF29724.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	268625   Click image for larger version

Name:	FCB960ED-EF75-45F1-A818-E3FFBAEBC0FE.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	697.8 KB
ID:	268626  

Old 12-04-2019, 04:27 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betr2Trvl View Post
We just ran into some folks that had recently been to Pandion Ridge, so I had wanted to look it up anyway.

I know it’s a brand new resort, but I found this quote from their website and the overhead picture of the grounds to be a bit, well, um, maybe a bit of hopeful future thinking vs. what it is today .

“With 142 spacious, fully equipped sites spread across 30 acres of lushly landscaped and partially wooded grounds.........”

In any case, it’s nice to see that new modern RV resorts are being built, and I hope they do well. The folks we talked to that had just stayed there liked it a lot.....

There will be another new RV Resort along I10 just east of Pensacola at exit 31 (FL87 near Milton), Splash RV Resort, that is just starting to be built, and should be at least partially open late next year according to the owner.

I was trying to think of an appropriate description for Pandion Ridge. I think “Sterile” is the word.
Old 12-05-2019, 08:04 AM   #10

Quote:

Depends on what the date of the overhead photo was! Could be 1 or 2 years old.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Depends on what the date of the overhead photo was! Could be 1 or 2 years old.
It’s from their website, so if that is the case, then shame on them ; and all the other photos from their web site show the same sparse landscape.

Now, on the other hand I do know that Google Earth views can be extremely dated, as is the case for one of the newer resorts we have gone to each year for the last 5 years. The Google Earth view is at least 6 years old, and in no way represents how mature the truly “luscious” landscaping is now, or how the rest of the resort amenities have been expanded / improved, or even how the resort was the first time we visited in 2015.

Regards
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #12

Gulf State Park is the best!!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #13

Quote:
It’s from their website, so if that is the case, then shame on them ; and all the other photos from their web site show the same sparse landscape.

Now, on the other hand I do know that Google Earth views can be extremely dated, as is the case for one of the newer resorts we have gone to each year for the last 5 years. The Google Earth view is at least 6 years old, and in no way represents how mature the truly “luscious” landscaping is now, or how the rest of the resort amenities have been expanded / improved, or even how the resort was the first time we visited in 2015.

Regards

Pandion Ridge is new and has palms planted throughout the park but they are still small and will take a few years to get big enough to produce shade. Comparing Pandion to Heritage is not a fair comparison. Heritage is an owner park where each lot is owned and you can almost stay at Pandion for 2-3 weeks just for what the HOA fees are at Heritage. Somebody is paying dearly for that landscaping.