Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Gulf Shores State Park

I have a trip scheduled in October to The Mississippi Gulfcoast for Crusin The Coast. When we leave there we plan to go up to Gulf Shores for two or three weeks. I have heard alot of good things about Gulf Shores State Park and I think that is where I would like to stay. My question is. I have a 38' motorhome and will be pulling a 24' enclosed trailer. Do they have pull throughs that are long enough for me to get into, or do they have an area where I could drop my trailer? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

RonnieTucker

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
They have pull throughs on the main road that are big enough. Just make sure you request one when you make your reservation. Take your bikes, this is a big park, with lots of roads to ride bikes on.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Gulf Shore State Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieTucker View Post
I have a trip scheduled in October to The Mississippi Gulfcoast for Crusin The Coast. When we leave there we plan to go up to Gulf Shores for two or three weeks. I have heard alot of good things about Gulf Shores State Park and I think that is where I would like to stay. My question is. I have a 38' motorhome and will be pulling a 24' enclosed trailer. Do they have pull throughs that are long enough for me to get into, or do they have an area where I could drop my trailer? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

RonnieTucker
We stayed up the street but went through the park. They have lots of pull throughs large enough to hold you. They have a swiming pool and were installing wifi. We did n't stay there as they were having a free concert on the beach and figured they were booked. While there don't miss Lamberts home of the throwed Rolls. Nice resturant.

Dick
Old 08-01-2012, 07:14 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

RonnieTucker
Where are you planning to stay during "Cruisin" ? We live about 25 miles North of Gulfport/Biloxi. We love to go to some of the venues. Have fun! We are going to Gulf State Park in two weeks.
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Swansonia , We have stayed at Gulfhaven in Gulfport for the last 3 years for Crusing. However, they decided that they were not gouging the crusers for enough $$$ so they went up on the camping fees from $475 for the month to $750. So, they will not be getting any of my money this year We have rented 2 vacant lots on Hwy. 90 right next to Cruse Central Stop by and visit if you are in the area.

RonnieTucker
Old 08-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Swansonia , We have stayed at Gulfhaven in Gulfport for the last 3 years for Crusing. However, they decided that they were not gouging the crusers for enough $$$ so they went up on the camping fees from $475 for the month to $750. So, they will not be getting any of my money this year We have rented 2 vacant lots on Hwy. 90 right next to Cruse Central Stop by and visit if you are in the area.

RonnieTucker
I will probably be there some. My DH loves the classics and if he's not working, we'll be there !
Swansonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #7

We were at Gulf Shores State Park last week. The sites are large and roomy with full hookups. They were having some problems with the WiFi, but we just used our MiFi card. There is a storage lot available also. We enjoyed our stay and would suggest that you eat at "Doc's Oyster Bar and Seafood Restaurant" in Orange Beach (NOT the one in Gulf Shores). Excellent food with daily specials. Excellent breakfast buffet at Hazel's Nook in Gulf Shores. BP has people walking the beach and picking up any oil covered material. One told us that there is a huge tar slick out in the Gulf that may wash up in the next major storm. We enjoyed our visit and may head back there next spring. Happy trails!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #8

What date and where is the crusin??
Old 08-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ALL:

Say,......what is "Cruisin The Coast" ?? We figure it's some kind of festival, or event but haven't heard about it yet.

Thanks.

Steve & Lynette
Old 08-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Crusin The Coast is a car cruise for Classic Cars and Hot Rods held on the Mississippi Gulf Coast October 7TH - 14TH. There should be somewhere around 5,000 of these type cars registred. If you like old neat cars , this is the place to be.

Ronnie and Jan Tucker
1965 427SC Cobra Roadster
Old 08-05-2012, 07:06 AM   #11

Carolina Campers
A little help please... I've googled Gulf Shores State Park without any luck. Could someone please post a link or direct me where I can get some info about this park. We may be in that area sometime soon.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:10 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Ronnie & Jan:

Thanks for info on Crusin the Coast.

Steve & Lynette
Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skstrickland View Post
A little help please... I've googled Gulf Shores State Park without any luck. Could someone please post a link or direct me where I can get some info about this park. We may be in that area sometime soon.

Thanks!
Try Gulf State Park
Old 08-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #14

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Try Gulf State Park
That's it Thanks Ronnie!