Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #1

National RV Owners Club
Gulf state booked. NOW WHAT?

DW and I were so looking forward to getting away for her birthday. Heard from so many here about Gulf State Park that we were immediately sold on it. Looking to stay from 3/9-3/12. Anyone have any other suggestions with about the same amenities? Hiking, fishing, biking,lake view, close to the ocean/beaches? Who knew GSP what so popular(I def didn't). Web says 496 sites. ALL BOOKED??? Seriously?
anewtoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #2

If you don't mind driving another 127 miles Live Oak RV Resort seems nice. Have never stayed there but it has really good reviews. We were able to book March 16th. Good Luck.
jv52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #3

Did you call them? Their online booking system is messed up. I reserved a spot for the end of May with no problems. The place is huge. We did not bring our bikes the first time we went, but will this time.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #4

Have stayed there for couple of month's the last three years. Great place! Keep calling every few day's they have cancelations !
lyncjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm close to there,we drove through the park. There were lots of empty spaces, but they told me the same thing about being full. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for! I think I'd try again.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by anewtoi View Post
DW and I were so looking forward to getting away for her birthday. Heard from so many here about Gulf State Park that we were immediately sold on it. Looking to stay from 3/9-3/12. Anyone have any other suggestions with about the same amenities? Hiking, fishing, biking,lake view, close to the ocean/beaches? Who knew GSP what so popular(I def didn't). Web says 496 sites. ALL BOOKED??? Seriously?
If your willing to go a little east, check out Top Sail State Preserve and Park...tops with me in a recent stay in the FL panhandle (Destin).
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #7

I called them and left a message for a call back and they got right back with me. Could not use the online reservation.
jv52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Yeah, I called before opening this thread. They did say to keep checking and be persistent. I don't mind elsewhere. We are in Birmingham al and just recently decided to extend from 1-2 hours to 3-5 hours drive. I think/hope we should be able to book something.....
Old 02-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
If your willing to go a little east, check out Top Sail State Preserve and Park...tops with me in a recent stay in the FL panhandle (Destin).
Top sail said same thing. No openings.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #10

Hmmm - maybe the snow birds have everything booked. I believe Spring Break is later than you dates, but could be wrong.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewtoi View Post
Buccaneer, a MS state park is only 150 miles east of Gulf State Park.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Spring break! Enough said! Try Emerald Coast in Navarre Fl. Destin West, Camp Gulf, Destin,. Lots of snowbirds, which is good, we live in Mexico Beach, not far eastward, try, El Governor, right on 98. Beach within 100 Ft.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Topsail is amazing. We did have a small flying insect plague when we were there. The park though is unmatched in the area for 'niceness'

Any ideas on gulf coast, south Florida that is on the beach like topsail??

Thanks
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:11 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

IMHO Gulf State Park is one of the nices Rv Parks out there.The People that work there are Super nice.We have stayed there for the past 2 years.One week in May and the other in July.They do have 496 lots.The thing I really like about there is the campsites are larger than alot of parks but,like the others have posted check back with them every few days.Good Luck and Many Safe and Happy Miles and Smiles.