Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #1

Gulf State Park

We are preparing for our third outing in our new Crusader 270RET..this trip will be to Gulf Shores on the 27th of July thru the 7th of August.
We are praying that this trip will be un-eventful as compared to our previous two outings with the Crusader which have not been un-eventful.
We have checked everything over three times, taken all necessary precautions known to us...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette window six.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	24.6 KB
ID:	23718  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:22 PM   #2

Very familiar with the Gulf Shores / Orange Beach area. Have spent time in the Gulf State Park and campground. You will really enjoy yourselves. They don't call it Pleasure Island for no reason. Would like to be going there as well.

HabitatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Great state park! we have stayed there numerious times.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #4

Gulf Shores

This is my first visit to this area..really looking forward to it...we have a site selected by the lake, want know until we get there which one.....
do they have wi-fi there?
LKicklight
Old 07-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #5

Not sure about the wifi. It is a large campground and would have to have many wifi recievers.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #6

Great park! I believe that they do have wifi.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Original Oyster House is a must eat at restaurant. It's convenient to the park on AL 59 about 3 or 4 blocks from the Gulf. Been eating there for 20 years and never had a bad meal. Seafood gumbo is outstanding. Theirs is the standard that I measure others by. Rarely, but rarely, find one as good. For a different fine dinning (but buffet) experience try the Gift Horse Restaurant in Foley. It's 1 1/2 blocks west of AL 59 on US 98. You'll never get praline sweet potatoes like theirs anywhere else. The Mellow Yellow in Foley has great pizza as does Lillian's over on the Florida side. Crico's Pizza & Subs on 59 in Gulf Shores is also very good. I believe they deliver. Enjoy your stay, use plenty of suntan lotion, spend lots of money. Wait a minute, come to the Florida side to do that! My retirement check depends upon you.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyljc
The Original Oyster House is a must eat at restaurant. It's convenient to the park on AL 59 about 3 or 4 blocks from the Gulf. Been eating there for 20 years and never had a bad meal. Seafood gumbo is outstanding. Theirs is the standard that I measure others by. Rarely, but rarely, find one as good. For a different fine dinning (but buffet) experience try the Gift Horse Restaurant in Foley. It's 1 1/2 blocks west of AL 59 on US 98. You'll never get praline sweet potatoes like theirs anywhere else. The Mellow Yellow in Foley has great pizza as does Lillian's over on the Florida side. Crico's Pizza & Subs on 59 in Gulf Shores is also very good. I believe they deliver. Enjoy your stay, use plenty of suntan lotion, spend lots of money. Wait a minute, come to the Florida side to do that! My retirement check depends upon you.
I'll second the recommendation for the "Original Oyster House" . Their chocolate peanut butter pie is the best anywhere. It's hard to do but you must save room for a piece.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #9

Great place to camp. Weak wi fi.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #10

GREAT little zoo in Gulf Shores, Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo | Gulf Shores, Alabama

And the National Naval Aviation Museum (home of the Blue Angels) is about 25 miles East, National Naval Aviation Museum - Home

I like to wander around Fairhope on Mobile bay, neat little town. Fort Morgan is worth a look, damn the torpedos, full speed ahead, where the battle took place.
Make sure and be on the beach at sunset at least once.
Good fishing, white sand and turquoise water, and Royal Red shrimps, the best.