Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #1

Had it with Sun n Fun Sarasota

Last winter was the worst at Sun N Fun Sarasota, Construction, tree trimming and chipping, heavy equipment concrete saw running all day long, I have given them ample opportunity to make it right and they have ignored the problem to the point my friends and I have decided to move on, to that end looking for new accommodations, possibly further south as far as Naples. So asking for recommendations and thoughts, essentials are pools, restaurants, bicycling, big rig friendly with trailer, 50 amp, patio, shopping near by would be nice too. Beaches are not essential but would be nice.

Thanks

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Aren't they just trying to make the park nicer?? With a park as large as this isn't upkeep essential ?? And how can they make it "right" to you ?? all I've ever heard of this park was always positive and I've never been there....
Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
We stayed in King-Queen in mid-Feb and didn't notice any construction.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
Aren't they just trying to make the park nicer?? With a park as large as this isn't upkeep essential ?? And how can they make it "right" to you ?? all I've ever heard of this park was always positive and I've never been there....
the park is essentially vacant all summer long, why would they not build lanais, smash out driveways, pour new ones and cut down trees then instead in the middle of the Xmas holidays, that is not upkeep, There is no excuse for it and they agree, but there only comment was sorry for the noise and construction equipment, that doesn't cut it when book their most expensive site for a month in anticipation of peace and quiet and then complain, they take the standard position of sorry didn't know, do they think I am an idiot, I paid 6 months in advance and cant leave once I arrive and get refund so we are stuck there,

I've been staying there for 7 years and the customer service has been on a steady decline, they could care less about transient's once they have your money.

So beware.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKent View Post
We stayed in King-Queen in mid-Feb and didn't notice any construction.

was in queen, and likely was all done when you arrived, I didn't imagine the cement trucks, huge chippers and, cement saws or circular saws and hammers building lanais in queen section.

everthing is good there until there is a problem and then they are not so accommodating.

Beware of Sun N Fun Sarasota.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I guess WE won't find out. I just went to there site too check it out and they show 2 MH and 1 TT for pics of the property and won't let me pick dates or any dates as that goes. Maybe its closed???
owell,
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #7

Try Riversidervresort.com and riversidesnowbirds.com
We have many from Sun-N-Fun and others from Encore. The park is listed by the Arcadia address, but is only 4 mile East of I 75. There are now 499 sites. The entire park will be full this next year by Jan. 20th. Last year it was full the entire month of Feb. Price includes electricity, internet, and cable in some areas.

Many from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, New England, and Ontario. None from Quebec.

Send me a private email if you have any questions.
jojolima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:13 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Pelican Lakes in Naples. Pelican Lake Motorcoach RV Resort – Naples, Florida It has everything you were asking for.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojolima View Post
Try Riversidervresort.com and riversidesnowbirds.com
We have many from Sun-N-Fun and others from Encore. The park is listed by the Arcadia address, but is only 4 mile East of I 75. There are now 499 sites. The entire park will be full this next year by Jan. 20th. Last year it was full the entire month of Feb. Price includes electricity, internet, and cable in some areas.

Many from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, New England, and Ontario. None from Quebec.

Send me a private email if you have any questions.

Thank you I will look into the park

Regards

Moxy
Old 04-18-2014, 05:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Pelican Lakes in Naples. Pelican Lake Motorcoach RV Resort – Naples, Florida It has everything you were asking for.
Thank you I will have a look

Moxy
Old 04-18-2014, 05:23 AM   #11
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Pelican Lake, Riverbend and Cypress Woods are all great.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote