Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #1

Harpers Ferry KOA

We are at Harpers Ferry KOA for the weekend. Perhaps the most expensive fee I ever paid but we feel it is well worth the money. There are soooo many activities for the kids. We brought our grandson but unfortunately he got sick so he isn't getting to participate. As I write this, we are awaiting the trick or treaters. Scoped out all the spaces and know where we want to camp next year. Awesome weekend.
BBQ Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are wanting to do the DC area to see the Vietnam Wall and other memorials next year. Were you close enough to do day trips to DC and what were the rates.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang652 View Post
We are wanting to do the DC area to see the Vietnam Wall and other memorials next year. Were you close enough to do day trips to DC and what were the rates.
Harpers Ferry KOA is really a nice place but I believe way to far out for DC touring. I live about 45 min west of DC (depending on traffic) and Harpers Ferry is about and 1.25 hours further north west so I would guess about 2 hours with no or little traffic...good luck on that one. Here is there web site: Harpers Ferry | Campground | Washington DC | Civil War Battlefields. The cost was over $60 per night which is ok if you have young children with you. I would use the KOA to visit other Civil War sites like Antitam. Another option is where I store my camper...Bull Run Regional Park. Not a lot of activities but good camping and about 45 min from DC. Here is their web site: Bull Run - Camping Fees As you will see, their rates are a little better. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #4

Pretty steep for koa but what a great location for civil war buffs. Thanks for the info and i'll keep the location in my notes as i'd love to visit the area.
fishinjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinjim
Pretty steep for koa but what a great location for civil war buffs. Thanks for the info and i'll keep the location in my notes as i'd love to visit the area.
I felt the same way but we took our grandson to the spooks ulnar, not knowing what to expect. They had constant activities for the kids. It was really well done. If viewed as a mini vacation it was well worth it. We are planning on going again next October.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Hi Mustang,

If you want to go to Dc to see the sights then I would recommend Cherry Hill Rv Park which is right off I-95. They also have shuttles into DC and is the closest campground to DC.

Enjoy!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
We went to the Harpers Ferry KOA when the kids were younger. I remember they had an indoor basketball court where the kids played for hours. So no fears about entertaining the kids when the weather is bad!

We were also able to ride our bikes to the Harpers Ferry bus terminal and take the shuttle into the town.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote