Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #1

Hartley Springs buggy trip

We finally got to make the trip up to Hartely Springs thanks to our new to us motorhome.

Driving there everything was great. Ran the a/c and the crock pot (got there a little earlier than expected so had to hold off on dinner for a bit). We stopped off at the rest area to fill up with water.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2286.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	24408

Followed the limited directions we had but made it into the campground area, just happened to run into Bryce (that we camp with) and he lead us back to where our group was. Brooke, Janice & Andrew, Nick & Lauren and Reese were already there. Picked out a spot, parked & started unloading. My mom & dad and Bob & Lola showed up later that day.

Name:	IMG_2290.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	515.1 KB
ID:	24409

Aedan rode his quad for the first time & I'm so happy to say that he's a natural at it!

Name:	IMG_2327.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	411.1 KB
ID:	24410

We went on a quick buggy run to the June lake / mono lake lookout. My buggy was running pretty rough, possibly from the high altitude.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	24411  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Looks like a nice place wish I knew where it is. I guess I'm in the minority because I don't know where it is, maybe I'll stumble onto it someday, I don't think it's in Wisconsin as I haven't seen any trees like that. Have a good time. Jim

Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 AM   #3

I believe it would be considered northern california. Its up near Yosemite. I have more to tell about my trip, and more pics but I'll have to post them when I have some time.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank You. Jim
Old 08-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #5

Tried to post more & some more pics but the computer crashed... will see if I can find the motivation this weekend. Heres some pics in the meantime.

Name:	IMG_2282.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	247.9 KB
ID:	24641

Name:	IMG_2285.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	24642
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2301.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	490.5 KB
ID:	24643   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2306.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	24644  

Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Great pictures! I enjoyed looking at every one of them. Looks like you had perfect weather too!
Old 08-10-2012, 09:31 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Thanks so much for sharing. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #8

The weather was pretty doggone good. One day was a bit warm (had to start the genny & put on the a/c) and at one time it looked like we were gonna get a little storm, but it passed by. We had a full moon during this trip as well which was great for getting from the firepit to the motorhome without a flashlight! lol
Old 08-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
nice pics
Old 08-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #10

Kat I was just in northern California for a month. it is beautiful. I just wanted to ask you about your 3rd picture down in your 2nd set you posted, that road with the cliff....did you take your motorhome up it? I went up a road kinda like it and those kind of roads scare me soooo bad.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #11

Nope, that was a buggy run. That would be scary as all heck in the motorhome, especially since at one point I had to go off the road & find my way back down the hill to get a running start! The motorhome never would have made that! lol
Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #12

ok, so i'm not alone in my fear My hubby thinks i panic to easy...but the cliff is always on MY side! i get so scared that i would rather get out and walk up the mountain. LOL

Hope you had a great time!! Looks super fun. i stayed in the mountains for a month and got to ride a quad. I made the mistake on my 1st run of wearing flip flops...I couldn't shift gears, I had to reach down with my hand to shift. I could down shift though..
Old 08-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #13

Thats why I like buggies... I can wear my flip flops & drive! Glad you had fun. Maybe try to take a nap when the cliffs are getting to you?
Old 08-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #14

My sons birthday was Wednesday and everybody went to town to buy him presents, it was so sweet & it made his day so special.

The kids wanted to do something for him too so they dug him a hole for him to ride through and he was doing jumps off the piled up dirt that was dug out of the hole.

This is Dave & I on one of the runs. We're such dorks, we're both smiling under our bandanas!

We had to drive across a stream on a run & since Dave was riding in my dads buggy he was able to get this pic of me crossing it.

This is a crater with water in it that we hiked up to.

I don't know how he can fall asleep with how loud my engine is but he usually gets in at least 1 or 2 buggy naps per camping trip.

This is our buggy group.

And this is what we'd like to call a redneck jack!