Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #1

has anyone camped at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky Ohio?

We live 15 min.away from cedar point. We took our kids and thier friends camping there before school starts. We have season passes and go many times but we have never camped their before. With that being said, i was a bit disappointed with the CG. Cedar Point is an amazing park and very well kept up. With all of the money being spent with new rides and attractions i would think they could spruce up the CG a bit. Am i being to particular? It would be nice to get some opinions from vacationers.

pacevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
We have never camped there and there a number of state parks relatively near, however have you let them know how you felt. I am a big fan of constructive criticism, it would be even better if you had some pictures.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey pacevette will provide some feedback as we're taking the kids and grandkids to CP this weekend. Havn't been to the park in years and never to the campground.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #4

RonK...that would be great! Like i said i might be tp picky...i hope you have a good weekend. The weather looks great!!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #5

We just got back on the 13th. We made late reservations and took what we could get. They put us in the circle which are back-ins electric only. Tried to get upgraded to full hookup pull through all weekend and had to keep checking in with office because they will not call if something becomes available. Overall we liked the cg but wish we would have gotten a pt. The only downfall I think is they need more showers and baths. Our kids loved it and can't wait to go back next year.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:11 PM   #6

Haven't been to the cedar point cg but the Ohio state park, east harbor is pretty close and with passport america you can get reservations for a great price worth checking out IMO.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:12 AM   #7

We also were in the circle. I guess one thing i didn't care for was how close you are with your neighbors. We were in a 38' class a and our awning almost covered the pop up next to us. We literally live 15 min away so i am not that concerned about it. I just wanted some opinions from outside the area.