Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This week while looking for a site in the Fresno, CA area we contacted New Horizons Mobile RV Park. My wife did so as I was pumping fuel at the Flying J in Bakersfield by cell phone. She requested a site for three nights. She gave the lady our credit card to hold the site, but was told it would not be processed until we arrived. Then she was told that the site was only available for two nights and that we may not be able to use our slides. When I finished fueling and she informed me of what had transpired, I told her to call them back and cancel. She did and the lady then said she had already processed the charge and would not process a refund through the charge card. She offered a refund by check. Later that day a man who identified himself as the owner called to say he would not be refunding any of the charges for the two nights. I have contacted the credit card and requested that the $70 not be paid. This was a first for us.

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
This week while looking for a site in the Fresno, CA area we contacted New Horizons Mobile RV Park. My wife did so as I was pumping fuel at the Flying J in Bakersfield by cell phone. She requested a site for three nights. She gave the lady our credit card to hold the site, but was told it would not be processed until we arrived. Then she was told that the site was only available for two nights and that we may not be able to use our slides. When I finished fueling and she informed me of what had transpired, I told her to call them back and cancel. She did and the lady then said she had already processed the charge and would not process a refund through the charge card. She offered a refund by check. Later that day a man who identified himself as the owner called to say he would not be refunding any of the charges for the two nights. I have contacted the credit card and requested that the $70 not be paid. This was a first for us.

2004 CR-V EX
Old 06-09-2006, 08:51 PM   #3

Geeche,
We've never experienced this problem with RV parks, but you've taken the right action by contacting your credit card company to protest the charges. We've had to do that with other credit card purchases that went sour, and AMEX has always found in our favor, reversing the charges.

I'm sorry you had this difficulty with one of our California RV parks. Doesn't speak well for your visit to our state.

Where is New Horizons Mobile RV Park located near Fresno? I wasn't able to locate them on my Trailer Life Campground software & mapping program. I'd like to avoid dealing with them at some time in the future when I'm in that area.

I hope the rest of your visit in our beautiful state is enjoyable.

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:34 AM   #4

Wow, can't say that I've ever heard of that happening to anyone. You did the right thing by contacting your credit card company and stopping payment.

2005 Carriage Compass 30 RLS
floridacamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
New Horizons is located at 3147 W. Olive Avenue in Fresno. We did stay at another park in Fresno. It was Yosemite Trailer & RV Park on Blackstone Ave. and I would recommend staying there.

2004 CR-V EX
Old 06-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #6

It looks like you have identified a campground to avoid (New Horizons). With those kind of policies I know that I will bypass it.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just wanted to let everyone know that VISA did finally give us credit for the charges.

2004 CR-V EX
Old 07-20-2006, 09:55 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sorry you had this difficulty with one of our California RV parks. Doesn't speak well for your visit to our state. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, It doesn't speak well of my fellow Fresnans. I am sorry you had trouble in our city.

We are glad it turned out ok.