Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Help finding a RV parks around Orlando Fl.

I'm planning to stay in the Orlando area for at least 3 months. I'll be getting there at the earliest in May but probably June at this point.

I have some special requirements for this trip though;

I work out of my RV so I need to have the internet connected to my RV, not just the park Wireless setup.

I also have a 45lb dog that I need to run so I'd like the place to have a dog park.

I have family and friends scattered from Debary to Kissimmee who I'm planning on visiting often so I'd like to be fairly central to all that. Preferably close to I-4 for ease of travel.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
digitalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi digitalone,
There are many CGs to choose from. The difficult requirement is direct Internet access at your coach. Except for Ft. Wilderness (their contact number is 407-WDW-CAMP) on Disney property (cable Internet access at your coach) all the CGs have WIFI or you supply your own wireless connection. Tropical Palms meets all you other needs. Their contact number is 800-647-2567.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
...Tropical Palms meets all you other needs. Their contact number is 800-647-2567.
We've stayed at Tropical Palms and it's nice. The down side, it's on 192 in the middle of everything so traffic can be a bear. But I think you'll like it if that's not a problem.

But the true travelers are they who leave for leaving’s sake
Saying continuously, without knowing why: ‘Let us go on’.
Paraphrased from Baudelaire’s ‘The Journey’
thelastplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks guys.

Topical Palms is expensive! I can live with the area though.

And by internet connected to my RV I mean I need, for instance, the cable company to run a hard line to my RV. I'm set up this way where I'm at now.
digitalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry digitalone,
If you think TP is expensive, call some of the condo resorts in the area where owners rent their sites when not there. These are the only places, I know of where cable might be available at your site.

If you can, get a Trailer Life Directory, and start calling around. All the CGs know what each other charges. Their rates may be very similar. I do not know if these CGs meet your requirements, but it is a place to start.

1. Merry D RV Sanctuary - 800-208-3434
2. Mill Creek RV Park - 407-847-6288
3. Orange Grove CG - 407-396-6655
4. Ponderosa CG - 407-847-6002
5. Sherwood Forest RV Resort 800-548-9981
6. Great Oak RV Resort 407-396-9092
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #6

Deer Creek Golf & RV Resort

We stayed at a wonderful resort last year in Davenport, FL. www.crfcommunities.com Deer Creek RV Motor Coach Community.
The lots are for sale, but we rented one for a week. There should be plenty of availability this time of year. They do have cable.
Good luck.
AccessMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:54 PM   #7

Digitalone,
Try this website: RV Lots For Rent, RV Resorts Lots For Rent to find privately owned RV lots for rent. Scroll down to Florida, check out Sun Resort in Apopka. Sounds nice, may meet your needs. Since summer is a slower season, especially for multiple month rentals, they may be willing to deal. But $325 sounds like a good deal, especially if it includes electricity.
I don't have any vested interest in this site, but thought it a possible source for what you are seeking.

Lois
rosegramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to fxdave
Sherwood forest has a great weekly rate we stayeed there last year of course we dint find out about the rate untill we left lol great location though !
Old 04-28-2011, 05:07 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
We stayed at Theme World last year. Location, I-4 and 27. So, So place to stay but the price was right. The location is what we liked. We use Verizon wireless for the internet. This work's anywere you have cell service.
Dave MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #10

Wink

Virgin Mobile has what you need to stay connected and it's cheap compared to others. I own a software company and it's what I use.

MiFi 2200 Intelligent Mobile Hotspot | Virgin Mobile
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote