Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
Why don't you check this out if you are looking for something inexpensive. Truthfully, I don't know if they allow overnight parking/camping.. even for a long weekend. But, I've been here for a week of woodcarving which had, obviously, been pre-arranged. Most of us stayed in the cabins.. but, there were a very limited number of RV's allowed. No real facilities.. but, I've seen larger than 29'ers in there. Also, if they allow you.. (I'll bet they could use any extra money they can get) the food in the dining hall is great.. and the young folks are fantastic.

Check it out. It is a Christian facility that teaches young folks horsemanship. They go away from there with a "degree" that is respected in the field. So, it's interesting. There are many very interesting sights locally in nearby towns.

Canyonview Equestrian College

I think it's worth a try.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #30

We have stayed at Bandon By The Sea, and enjoyed it. It is basic, clean and friendly. The state park is very nice, and closer to Bandon Dunes. It is an easy walk to the beach. There are some good seafood restaurants in downtown Bandon.

David W

Old 08-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #31

Don't really know where you are heading to.. but, again.. here is another we have stayed at numerous times.. and really like it.

Clyde-Holliday.. it's a state campground just west of a town called John Day. Nice sites with asphalt parking and good spacious lawn. Semi private sites. Water/power.. dump on property.

Near the junction of US 26 and 395.

Close to archeological diggings/fossil beds and all kinds of other cool stuff. There is a Chinese Museum on the property that is very interesting to go thru.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
Don't really know where you are heading to.. but, again.. here is another we have stayed at numerous times.. and really like it.

Clyde-Holliday.. it's a state campground just west of a town called John Day. Nice sites with asphalt parking and good spacious lawn. Semi private sites. Water/power.. dump on property.

Near the junction of US 26 and 395.

Close to archeological diggings/fossil beds and all kinds of other cool stuff. There is a Chinese Museum on the property that is very interesting to go thru.
YUP - Clyde Holiday IS a nice RV park - we stayed there a few times, liked the area well enough that we sold out in California - and MOVED here!...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary - K7GLD View Post
YUP - Clyde Holiday IS a nice RV park - we stayed there a few times, liked the area well enough that we sold out in California - and MOVED here!...
Wow, that's cool.. In a prior post I mentioned the Christian Equestrian camp in Silverton, OR.. One year while I was there for a woodcarving convention I met a young man who was in his last year/semester. Got to chatting and I asked him where he was from.. John Day.. I told him I loved going to the hardware store in town.. He said.. It's my family's business.. small world sometimes.

Sheesh, now if I move from CA to OR or ID.. do I have to get a new "7" callsign? I think the "6" would be a dead give away and might get tomatoes or eggs thrown at me....