Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:53 PM   #15
If you can't stand the smell of the cows then Mooooove on.

2012 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually
2010 R-Vision Trail Cruiser 23QBC
2001 Catalina Capri 22 sailboat "Verboten"
sinnettc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 03:32 PM   #16
Heceta Head light just north of Florence
After the aquarium, the dock of the bay in Newport sometimes has sea lions so close you can almost touch, also restaurants art galleries etc

Many easy but beautiful trails that lead to sandy or rocky beaches and tidepools -look for parking pull offs

You won't be bored! I am heading there myself as soon as possible
Happy travels!

milestogoB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #17
I know this is an old post but we continue to read them because the information doesn't really change. We stayed on the mid to upper Oregon coast for 10 days in 2012--in motels so i can't say as to RV parking but it looked abundant all along the way. We rented a car and drove from Portland, which is a cute and clean little berg. We loved it there just walking around downtown, taking the rail and bus, shopping, hiking, etc. Then we drove to Astoria where we found the school where 'Kindergarten Cop' was filmed, but 'The Goonies' could have been filmed anywhere. It's a cute little place also. I love the beach so we continued down the coastal highway and spent lots of time exploring the tide pools on Cannon Beach at Haystack Rock and hunting stones at Agate beach, to no avail. We survived the 96 foot climb inside the Yaquina Head Lighthouse--my first, and now I'm in love with lighthouses. Further down the coast we picnicked at Driftwood beach and walked in the fog there--it's a state park where you might be able to overnight with an RV, I don't remember the rules for sure but the parking lot was big enough. Walking the busy harbor of Newport was 'blue cold', as my daddy used to say, in August but thrilling--a real working port with a cute coffee bar and though I don't eat it, a fancy looking seafood restaurant. There was a Ripley's Believe It Or Not there if you like that kind of thing--my middle daughter does but we didn't have to be subjected to it since she wasn't with us that trip. We saw the seals--or sealions--all over Newport so didn't need to go to the Sealion caves though I hear it is neat. We tramped through the sand at Seaside, which is closer to Astoria, a trashy beach comparatively speaking due to just the sheer amount of people who visit it daily but the carnival atmosphere on shore was fun. The girl loved sandboarding, which can be rented pretty cheaply in several locations in Florence; The quaint little town with shops and such took up much of a day--great pizza in the little Italian restaurant there. From there we drove back to Portland by way of Eugene, planning to hit the east side of the state but we were exhausted. We rested for 2 days in Eugene and toured U. of Oregon with our daughter who promptly rejected it. I know there was so much more to do but we loved what we got to do. Stopped at all the produce stands and SOME wineries. Oregon is the bomb! Planning to move there when the girl gets out of college. Until then we're taking it to the streets in our CC.

Art and Christene from Houston
Bertha--2001 37' Cedar Creek 5er
Babe--2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins with Megacab
Wanderchris is offline   Reply With Quote