Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #1
Higher end campground Eastern PA/NJ

The trailer hasn't budged yet this season and finally the DW and I found time to get away. We are looking to pamper ourselves with a higher end fun campground to go to in the Eastern PA/ NJ anywhere to spend a couple of days. Nice pool, separate whirlpool/ hot tub pool area with a nice site for a 40' length 5th wheel. Something of maybe a cross of Cherry Hill in DC and Normandy Farms in MA. I wish there were campgrounds along our NJ shore that could rival Myrtle Beach or Outer Banks.

Anyone have a suggestion?

John and Jessica

'04 Cedar Creek 362BBS
96PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations on your marital status.

John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Actually 3 year old newlyweds, thought I successfully edited that last night missed the Sig edit. Thanks though.
John and Jessica

'04 Cedar Creek 362BBS
Old 08-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey 96PSD,

I have not been here in a couple of years, and when I was there it was off seasone! However we always enjoyed it! www.otterlake.com Besides the lake and outdoor pool there was an indoor pool, hottub & sauna.

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!
AL, & Mickey "The Boston"! Silver Springs, FL Camping since 1967 and RVing since 1990! A 2011 Keystone Hornet 30RKDS & 2015 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Delux WATCH FOR MOTORCYCLE
AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Hope no one takes offense to this but I feel there are no high end campgrounds in NJ. Seems like every one I have seen are geared to rustic old fashioned types good for small rv's and tents a lot of trees and dirty. Maybe there are some in the extreme southern section but once you get to the metropolitan area forget it. If someone asks me where to go locally I tell them to get out of Jersey first.
07 Itasca Ellipse 40fd, 2014 Honda CRV, greyhound lab mix, pit pointer mix(RIP bessie) , shar pei mix, stupid cat, wife
GG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
Not completely meeting the list, but somewhat close (has indoor/outdoor pool and what they call a hot tub (but more just built on to the pool). Clean, nice place:

Lake in Wood Camping Resort / Camping in Pennsylvania

Farther away (in OC, MD area), but worth it. The "club castaways" section is right on the Bay, with a private small pool just for people staying in that section. I can't remember if there's a hot tub or not. Nice vacation-like place with a small Tiki bar on the bay:

Castaways RV Resort & Campground

Most of the NJ shore campgrounds are more rustic (the topology is sandy and sparsely populated with pine trees, etc.) and really are catered to those who want proximity to the beaches and boardwalks. We love them, but none are really the "resorts" that you're looking for.
2016 American Coach Revolution 42T
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #7
Forest River Owners Club
It's a shame, but New Jersey does not have any high end campgrounds. There are multiple campgrounds in the Cape May/Ocean City areas. Someone described them as "rustic" but they are just poorly maintained. They are just in it for the quick buck. They don't care about the quality because there are people waiting to take your spot.

I am very disappointed with the Campgrounds in NJ.

I have found the best in the area to be the following:

Holly Shores
Big Timber Lake

Although these are pretty nice, they are far from being high end.
RVBulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
Thanks for chiming in, I am looking into a few of them. Hopefully someone will have some space, kinda of short notice.

John and Jessica

'04 Cedar Creek 362BBS