Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2013, 06:02 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hilton Head Island Motorcoach Resort

Very nice campground / resort. Clean, nice friendly people and beautiful grounds. Close to lots of stuff in Hilton head including the beaches. Just a short bike ride away. We were a little apprehensive about staying at a motor coach resort as opposed to a campground, but everyone here is as friendly as any other place we stayed. Nice variety of rigs here also throughout all of the sections. Really nice place to relax at your site or walk around just to look at the well kept resort. The grounds and sites are very well kept. Will make reservations to come here again!

Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ditto! We have found across the nation that motorcoach resorts with deeded (individually owned) spaces are a great place to stay. You will also like Heritage Motorcoach Resort in Orange Beach AL

Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itgeekgal View Post
Ditto! We have found across the nation that motorcoach resorts with deeded (individually owned) spaces are a great place to stay. You will also like Heritage Motorcoach Resort in Orange Beach AL
Heritage is a class A only, I think. We looked into it, but we have a Class C.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longweekends View Post
Very nice campground / resort. Clean, nice friendly people and beautiful grounds. Close to lots of stuff in Hilton head including the beaches. Just a short bike ride away. We were a little apprehensive about staying at a motor coach resort as opposed to a campground, but everyone here is as friendly as any other place we stayed. Nice variety of rigs here also throughout all of the sections. Really nice place to relax at your site or walk around just to look at the well kept resort. The grounds and sites are very well kept. Will make reservations to come here again!
I was at this resort last week. It was my first time in Hilton Head and the first time at a motorcoach resort. The place was beautiful and everyone we talked to was extremely friendly. I would go back in a heartbeat. And would also consider ownership in that particular resort as the bike trail system in Hilton Head is fantastic and there would never be a need for a car. I have an older coach and saw many that were as old or older than mine, sitting right next to brand new rigs costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. Very nice atmosphere.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For us that don't know, where is Hilton Head. Save me from searching the Web. Jim
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvjimmy View Post
For us that don't know, where is Hilton Head. Save me from searching the Web. Jim
It is located in South Carolina close to the border with Georgia. Beautiful area.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #7

It's way south in SC, 45 minutes north of Savannah. I'm here now, been coming here about 14 yrs. Nice resort on an island, restaurants, banks, hardware, groceries everything nearby. Nice bike trails (ride your bike on 12 mi. long beach...). Winnebago dealer from Savannah here with 5 new 2013 models for showings including a nice Tour!
HHIDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeauchamp View Post
It's way south in SC, 45 minutes north of Savannah. I'm here now, been coming here about 14 yrs. Nice resort on an island, restaurants, banks, hardware, groceries everything nearby. Nice bike trails (ride your bike on 12 mi. long beach...). Winnebago dealer from Savannah here with 5 new 2013 models for showings including a nice Tour!
Riding the bikes on the beach was the best part. Have not seen anyplace else in in SC where that is possible, let alone encouraged as it was in Hilton Head.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #9

We booked a week trip there this summer. We booked site #353. Can someone tell me if that is a good site with shade on the east side in the afternoons?

My husband and I have both been to Hilton Head many times in the past but not with an RV. We are excited to go to this resort.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelMcD View Post
We booked a week trip there this summer. We booked site #353. Can someone tell me if that is a good site with shade on the east side in the afternoons?

My husband and I have both been to Hilton Head many times in the past but not with an RV. We are excited to go to this resort.
I was at this beautiful resort for the week before Easter. Although the temperature was unseasonably cool, we still had a wonderful time. Looking at the site map, the sites on the right side of the pool get the afternoon sun and really nice sunsets. I went cheap and did not pay the extra for the waterfront sites. After getting settled in site 365 (I think), I inquired to see if any water front sites were available. We missed out on that but still had a really nice time. Beautiful sites and the default camping etiquette in the resort is to say hello and smile. You will have a good time regardless of where you are! A lot of sites are heavily wooded and only get partial sun. Of course when it is hot, you may appreciate the shade. Enjoy and post pix.
Longweekends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #11

We did book a waterfront site. I will look at the map or call them to see if we have a good eastern elevation. It will be mid summer when we go and will want the shade on the east side.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:19 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by _nelsonc View Post
Riding the bikes on the beach was the best part. Have not seen anyplace else in in SC where that is possible, let alone encouraged as it was in Hilton Head.
Have stayed at HH before, but back then did not have a MH so had to stay at the campground/marina facility - loved it.

But, as far as bike riding on beach - we do it all the time in Myrtle Beach, actually I should say North Myrtle Beach, we stay at MB Travel Park.

Look forward to trying the motorcoach park now that we have the MH
trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trode View Post

Have stayed at HH before, but back then did not have a MH so had to stay at the campground/marina facility - loved it.

But, as far as bike riding on beach - we do it all the time in Myrtle Beach, actually I should say North Myrtle Beach, we stay at MB Travel Park.

I used to have a condo in Surfside Beach and tried to ride the beach there. The sand was too loose and it wasn't really wide enough for biking and sun bathers except in the off season.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by trode View Post

We are currently at Myrtle Beach Travel Park and will be until the 21st. If you come down stop and say hello. We are in site 365.

gmadams is online now   Reply With Quote