Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2014, 09:23 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
HODGDON MEADOW, Yosemite Campgrounds, will we fit?

MH is 29.5', bumper to bumper. We will be towing jet skis, but we can take those off, and park them to the side.

Quote:
Maximum Camping Equipment Length:

• Max. Vehicle Length: 40
    • Fifth Wheel Maximum Length: 30
    • Pop up Maximum Length: 30
    • Trailer Maximum Length: 30

Know Before You Go
Site

**The maximum allowable trailer length is always shorter than the allowable RV length (due to maneuverability). You are responsible for reading the site alerts and booking a site that will accomodate your equipment. If you arrive to the campground with different equipment than what you booked for, you will likely not fit, and will be turned away.**
**The Primary Occupant of the site will be required to show photo ID upon check-in at the campground.**
Please make sure to bring adequate equipment with you to level your motorhome or trailer. All RV sites at Hodgdon Meadow Campground will require some degree of leveling.
**The maximum size trailer that will fit into this site is 30 feet, due to maneuverability**

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
I don't understand your question. The info you provided says you'll fit, why are you doubting it?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
The jet skis.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club

"...but we can take those off, and park them to the side."

You solved your own problem. Ask at the registration office if it's O.K. or if they suggest another place to leave the jet skis.

Bob & Donna
Old 09-16-2014, 10:28 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
29.5 is just the MH
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

"...but we can take those off, and park them to the side."

You solved your own problem. Ask at the registration office if it's O.K. or if they suggest another place to leave the jet skis.

Just don't know if I DID solve. First trip.
Old 09-16-2014, 10:50 PM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
If a 30' trailer that must be pulled by some kind of tow vehicle, can make it in the campground, a 29.5' RV with a 12-15' trailer should be able to maneuver in there too. If you drop your trailer and back in the spot, you should be able to pull and roll the jet skis on their trailer in across the front of your RV. Or, as I said, ask at the office and drop the trailer in a parking spot they specify.

You'll find the written regulations always sound tougher than when you get there. Be polite and don't demand they solve the problem, just ask for suggestions.

Bob & Donna
Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks. Was thinking that, but stressing out here.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Um, all food must go in the bear box. Canned food too? How about fridge food? I am assuming yes. ugh
Old 09-19-2014, 10:07 PM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
You'll have to ask at the camp office. Here's a link to the rule, it says no food in CARS after dark. Don't know if an inhabited hard sided RV counts in that.

Bears and Food Storage - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

I do recall a couple of years ago bears were grabbing auto doors at the top gasket and peeling cars open like sardine cans to get to food inside.

Bob & Donna
Old 09-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #11

I'm sure they mean tenters food, not RVers. Why don't you call the park directly to answer your questions?
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
I called, all day, one day, no answer, so I thought I would ask here. I saw on the website one place that they included RVs with cars, so thought maybe someone had actually visited Yosemite from here, but I guess not. I will just ask when I get there.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #13

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasOregon View Post
Um, all food must go in the bear box. Canned food too? How about fridge food? I am assuming yes. ugh
Aha, this is the ONLY place at which I stayed, over 15 years ago, but I doubt the bears have had a chance to evolve into better neighbors, so let me tell you my short story. The park had large signs EVERYWHERE advising not to leave ANY food in a vehicle overnight. They had industrial looking metal boxes into which you could lock your cooler. We were in an RV, and I'm sure we had a little food, besides my refrigerated beer, but we didn't take food out of the RV. When I awoke the next morning and walked outside with my coffee in hand, I saw a parked car next to our RV. The door had been ripped off the car. I didn't think any animal was that strong, but a bear definitely did that deed, and the owners were walking around looking dumbfounded. I think the park personnel have been trying to clean up peoples' messy trash sites, with smelly attractive food for bears, but if I were you, I would assume the worst, that the bears are still there and that they can and will open you car. I didn't understand then and don't now, why the bears didn't seem to enter RVs which have flimsy doors.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:58 PM   #14

Ford Super Duty Owner
Ok, that was what I was thinking, so I need to pack a cooler for that park, thanks!

Tags
campground