Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 10:32 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Houston, TX

Please don't laugh. Want to stay in or near Houston in November. Anyone have luck lately finding a space? Suggestions and ideas appreciated. Just coming back to get our annual Doctor and family visits so we are flexible. Do have friends in the country that might be able to put us up.

Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 10:50 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well there's a campground right down off 610 south:
South Main RV Park

and another slightly south
Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa - Resorts in West Virginia

both of these would have easy access to the medical center, and I'm sure if you book in advance you'd find space.

Or would you rather stay north? Houston is a gigantic spread, as I'm sure you know.

RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'05 Fleetwood Revolution '12 Chevy 2500 '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
'14 Ram 3500 Aisin
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 04:08 AM   #3

Lakeview never has space. We stay in Advanced, SH Tollway and 288.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 05:16 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Eastlake RV Resort off Beltway 8 north of I-10 on the east side of the city is a nice park. Being close to the Beltway one can easily and quickly get to any other part of the city in a reasonable amount of time including the Med Center (owning to the time of day and Houston's traffic of course). We stay there every time we're either in Houston or passing through an want to overnight.

Book Your Stay at Eastlake RV Resort by Quality RV Resorts
rewillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #5

We spent a month at Eastlake and we did like it.
We spent considerably more time at Advanced RV Resort. We liked it even better. It is 20 minutes from the medical center as well.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #6
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had some friends that stayed at Trader Village during Harvey. High and dry where they were. Good locations and short travel to med center.

if you have a TOAD and don't mind a 40-60 minute run to med cen there are plenty of RV parks South of Houston. Let your desires be known and I'll look at some for you.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #7

We spend 6 months in Houston yearly and stay at Advance resort. Nice 👍 place but it is on the south side of town. Houston traffic can be a bear so stay. Lose to where you will spend most of your time.

Take care
Old 10-01-2017, 09:48 AM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
All major cities have their traffic problem and Houston is no difference.

For over 6 years I worked up near the Astrodome. It is 40 miles from where I live. I had 6+ different ways I could go to get there, including the interstate. On any given day without rush hour traffic I could make the run in 40-45 minutes. On those days I had to move with the workers rush hour traffic it took me 15 more minutes.

On any given day with high traffic volume it will take 15 more minutes to get to an area in down town Houston or immediate surrounding areas. Don't be afraid of Houston traffic. I've been in worse.

For the majority of RV Parks South of Houston it is 30-40 miles and some are less. Travel time to the Med Cen would be 40-60 minutes during rush hour. Rush hour in Houston is from 0630-0900 and 1500-1800 hours. The closer to the 0800 and 1700 working hours are a little more congested but still the drive time is about the same, unless there is a MAJOR accident.

Texas is working on I-45, heck construction workers have retired working on I-45 for 20+ years or more, however much of it going South from Houston is now 5 lanes and more is opening as they work on it.

Plan accordingly for appointments if you can, or leave a little earlier to get there on time.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #9

If you dont mind a drive Coushatte Rd RV resort in Bellville is nice.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Stayed at Northlake RV Resort...very nice.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
The Travel Gods are Smiling

Results of our Houston RV site search. About a dozen on line reservation requests - not even answered. Four or five parks still flooded. Three still cleaning up. About a dozen phone calls - no room. Looked out as far as 75 miles away. Finally in desperation called one of our favorite parks - near Westpark toll rd and Hwy 6. No problem and even got the same site we had last fall. Do some strange rule if you stay more than 30 days the site is yours as long as you want it and NO TAXES! Just pay $50 Moveout Notice fee. BTW they were included in no response to online reservation group. Headed for Houston any time soon? Be prepared for a time consuming search. Highly recommend calling and if staying for an extended period of time offer to move within park during your stay.
Suzie & Chuck USNR USAF USCGA Challenger Owners Club 2015 37KT Challenger, Demco Commander tow bar, Ready Brake, Sewer Solutions, Safe-T-Plus 41-230, 5-Star tune, towing 2017 Ford Edge FWD 3.6L V-6 four down & 385 FastTrack kayak in the basement.
Summer - Creede, CO Winter - Okeechobee, FL
ctpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Booked Thanksgiving week at Corral. Found most spin was Ist Come-1st served..... "Why should I give you a week when someone may want a year...!"
Supply and Demand....I can understand that. As others have....I also have a memory...!

skypilot_1 is online now   Reply With Quote