Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #1

How to find long term park?

Hello All,
I am facing out of town work these days for the first time ever. The work looks like I will be in my home state of Florida in Tallahassee, West Palm or Miami. I plan to get a MH to use at my work location and come home to my brick/stick home on the weekends. I see a bunch of camping locations but what it the best source for finding longer term locations, say 6 to 9 months?

Also if contacting these locations what should I ask or look for? What should I expect might be another question such as laundry facilities, hook ups seem to be pretty cut and dry, anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks for any help.
Terry
TDroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2012, 09:19 PM   #2

Security. Everyone will learn your pattern.
IWillRVToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWillRVToo View Post
Security. Everyone will learn your pattern.
I take security very serious at home and away and that may be the very best advise given. Thanks! IMHO that applies every where but mainly if I get sent to Miami! It will be diffuclt to mix up my pattern but doable, very good start.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a side note. Check with your accountant as you may be able to write off a portion of your motorhome and all travel expenses.
Only your accountant will know.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #5

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
I was kind of interested in this topic as well. As I work 2 months on and 2 months off, I will need to find storage for my rig while I am away.

I can't speak for Other areas yet, but here at home in Crystal River, there are a number of large storage lots, fenced in, with controlled entry. I'm hoping to find similar on the road.

Good luck.
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 AM   #6

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Your options are (1) buying a spot, some places will sell you a spot which you can sell to someone else when you are finished with it (2) rent a spot in a residential park. I don't know about the laws in FL but in CA parks must be licensed "residential" to rent for longer than 60 days. Check for "residential RV Parks" or "mobile home parks" for places that rent by the month.
Tyler6357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:30 AM   #7

Most of the campgrounds We've been to over the years all look like they have some long term residents.
greezykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #8

For RV park options check this web site: http://campgroundreviews.com/
Just check off the options you want in a park, or what you will require with your RV, put the zip code in to where you are going and it will give you a list of parks in that zip code along with comments from those of us that have been to that park before. Also if the park has a web site you will be able to link to it to check out rates, their phone number, etc.

You will find most RV parks have some permanent RVers that stay there the year around and or only a few months at a time. Nearly all parks give you a better rate for the longer time you stay.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:42 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When we were looking for a place in Fl for the winter we googled "rv lots for rent Florida" or wherever you are going to be staying and found a list of places available. Also you could try craiglist in the area your in. There were quite a few available on there as well. Most that we found you were dealing with the owner of the lot to negotiate a monthly fee. Hope this helps.
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #10

Thank all for the great info, very helpful! It shouldn't be to hard to find a long term RV location here in Fl because it seems like a lot of norther RVer's come down for the winter.

Hate working out town but plan to make the best of it, which may put me in the MH I have always wanted.

Thanks again for all the help!