Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #1

Human Interest Travel Story - Greg Tonozzi

Now in my 5th month of full time RV travel around the US, one of the things I've started doing is interviewing people as I go and posting the inverviews on my blog. You see, I decided traveling is more than the places I go. It's about the people I meet along the way. Why do they live where they do? What's it like? Would I like to live there too? For me, experiencing America is more than just seeing it. Talking with people adds a richness of dimension you just don't get if all you do is drive through and look at the scenery. I guess it's human interest.

I wanted to share all this with the readers of my blog and have so far posted several interviews. Today I added an interview with sculptor Greg Tonozzi. If this sort of thing interests you feel free to have a look, and if you do let me know what you think. My blog is free and you can subscribe there to receive email notices when I post something new and I post all sorts of things from campground reviews to human interest to photo tips. To read the Tonozzi interview click here.
2018 Arctic Fox 29-5T 5th wheel, 760 watts of rooftop solar, four 6 volt Lifeline AGM batteries, 2800 watt Magnum inverter, 1000 watt Aims inverter, Progressive PMS, Hughes Autoformer; 2017 Ford F350 XLT Supercab diesel dually 4x4
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to GraciesDaddy
An interesting approach you have on this, Russ: Why are some places HellOnEarth for some folks and Shangri-La for others? It takes a different kind of person to carve out [No Pun Intended] a living in the mountains of Colorado than one doing the same thing in the plains of Nebraska... or the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I subcribed to your blog and am looking forward to more of your adventures! Take Care! J3
Old 09-25-2014, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciesDaddy View Post
An interesting approach you have on this, Russ: Why are some places HellOnEarth for some folks and Shangri-La for others? It takes a different kind of person to carve out [No Pun Intended] a living in the mountains of Colorado than one doing the same thing in the plains of Nebraska... or the Black Hills of South Dakota.

I subcribed to your blog and am looking forward to more of your adventures! Take Care! J3
Thanks for subscribing! Tell all your friends :-)

I guess for Greg living where he doesmakes a lot of sense. It's a bit of a mecca for artists who work with marble.

It is very interesting though, why people live where they do. Right now I am near a town called Bena which according to the city limits sign has a population of 116. Why DO people choose to live here? I don't know. I haven't asked anybody...yet.
RussOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel