Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
I wish every state published this:

California campground RV maximum length
This sure would make planning easier if every state published such a document.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-20-2016, 06:14 AM   #2
Only if it is accurate. Many times we see length restrictions in the state park campgrounds for certain sites, only to find there is no reason for them. Recently at a New York state park a certain site was limited to 20 foot maximum length. Due to a problem with our assigned site the park people moved us to the 20 foot site by changing our motorhome length from 35 foot to 20 foot in the computer system. Shoot that 20 foot site was large enough for our 35 foot coach + toad with space to spare. They indicated they had many sites mismarked in the Reserve America computer system, but nobody knows how to permanently change it.

Good Luck, Be Safe and Above All, Don't Forget To Have Fun
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, being pushed by a 2009 Honda CRV
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:59 PM   #3
We had a spot in an Oregon SP, that was advertised at 15 foot max for our 17 foot TT. We called the park to see if they would let us take it because we wanted the location and there were few other choices. He had no problem letting us make the reservation and didn't know why it was categorized ascsuch, but said do it at your own risk.

As it turns out, it was a large spot as described above, but the angle to the road was such that larger vehicles would have problems backing in. We got in ok and had a great time.
coupevilleDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
And I know for Oregon state parks.....the listed length of the site.....means that the rv and tow vehicle have to fit.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #5
I too wish they had something for every campground. I will agree with others that the sites are not always the size as advertised. Usually I find that a park has one size listed, but if you get there you will see there are sites much bigger than the max shows. I usually will check on google maps and see what is parked in the site I like or around the campground. Usually you will see there are 35ft RV's in spots listed as 25ft max. I have never run into a problem by looking at the sites and making reservations for a smaller site than I should be able to fit. I know that it could bite me, but it hasn't yet.
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS
Nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote