Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #43
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey M zoil Ft. Wilderness is the campground at WDW= Walt Disney World! Hope that helped!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #44

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We're heading out of Mich as soon as I get the taxes done, hopefully around Feb 10th for 2 months. This is our 5th year going to FL, but will be much different this year. We were lured into RVing back then by several friends who congregated at a mutual friends house near Oviedo. It was great camping with a bunch of your old friends but, we're doing it much different this year.

We're leaving with no reservations and no real plans other than doing a 50/50 dry camp (state parks?) and CG. This will be good experience and a learning curve, but with many RV/Camping/truck/gas Android apps in hand and my trusty Garmin, we don't anticipate many problems.

Since all our previous trips have been centered on the east central coast (Ormand Beach to Cocoa Beach) we will probably stay on the western side to see what that has to offer. We would like to make it down to around Homestead (if it's cold when we get down there) and do some day trips in the Keys. Our enjoyment is taking day trips on our motorcycles while we're camping. Certainly wouldn't mind hooking up with fellow IRV2'ers for a bit or just dropping in for a visit.

John & Clare ...

Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #45

The DW and I are heading out (weather pending) Monday for 2 or 3 weeks in FL.

No definite destinations in mind other than exploring the west coast and visiting the folks near Lake Wales in Central FL.

DW has never seen the Keys so we may shoot down there for a few days. It all depends on were the best weather is.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #46

Damon Owners Club
I'm spending time in the Hollywood / Hallendale Beach area until late April, then onward to the Northern States to impose and visit with friends.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #47

A week from Monday and I am on my way. Yahoo!!! Fort Desoto here I come. then on to Punta Gorda and maybe even a week in Sebring. february sure is looking good.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #48

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
stayed at middway campground. i know why nobody talks about it
safe travels bob,linda & missy
Old 01-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #49

End of February I will make the big move to Cape Coral. Just bought a home there.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver
stayed at middway campground. i know why nobody talks about it
safe travels bob,linda & missy
Is that Midway Campground in the Glades? I was going to stay there. It it was.closed for street repair. It looked nice to me. No cell phone service there.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #51

Florida

We've been here in Sorrento, near Sanford, at the Wekiva Falls resort since mid Oct. after spending the summer in Maine.
amerfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #52

Have they had a riot at the swiming hole in Wekiva this year?? We thought it was nice, but the Day Use of the Swiming Hole was a problem, especially with the Beer sales at the Camp Store. In Late March they had just about every cop car in the County there because of a fight that broke out over a parking place. Could be really nice with some upgrades and some way to control the Day Use crowd.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LT Ext Cab 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, GY 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #53

Fleetwood Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMangan View Post
Is that Midway Campground in the Glades? I was going to stay there. It it was.closed for street repair. It looked nice to me. No cell phone service there.
yes thats the one.no cell phone one tv channel thow.nice place if you like to chill.
safe travles bob,linda & missy
Old 02-01-2012, 07:14 AM   #54

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just pulled into Signature Resorts, Naples yesterday for a month long stay. Beautiful weather!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #55

Spending the night at Lazy Days and then on to Fort Desoto tomorrow. Life is good.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #56

We have to stay in the frozen north until April 14th. We'll be at Ft. Wilderness. Then home for 2 months then back to Kissimmee KOA the end of June. Anyone else going to be there around those times? We can suffer patiently together....

Graniteman is offline   Reply With Quote