Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
Indian Cove Resort Virginia Beach

Hello everyonne. I am planning a trip this summer to Virginia and the outer banks. The campgrounds that I have found are Indian Cove Resort in Virginia Beach and the other campground is Camp Hatteras in the Outer Banks. If anyone has stayed at either one of these campgrounds please give me your opinion on them. Thank You.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our choice in Virginia Beach is First Landing State Park: First Landing State Park

On the Outer Banks - both Camp Hatteras and Hatteras KOA are large, lots of activity and expensive. We like Ocean Waves, which is smaller, cheaper, great sites - but not a lot of activities. It is just over the dunes to the Ocean. Ocean Waves Campground

Old 03-19-2012, 01:16 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Our choice in Virginia Beach is First Landing State Park: First Landing State Park

On the Outer Banks - both Camp Hatteras and Hatteras KOA are large, lots of activity and expensive. We like Ocean Waves, which is smaller, cheaper, great sites - but not a lot of activities. It is just over the dunes to the Ocean. Ocean Waves Campground
Old 03-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How are the sites at First Landing? We are thinking about heading to the area around Easter.
ejm4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
There are quite a few W/E and there is a dumping station. There are some pics on the link I posted above. They fill pretty fast, but you can check availability on that same site.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Indian Cove Resort in Virginia Beach

Hi Pirate,

I wanted to give you some info on "The Cove" here in Virginia Beach so you could better plan your trip. The Cove is actually a private membership resort. It is associated with Coast to Coast though so if you are with them you can come in on that connection. Other than that you would have to be sponsored by a current member or buy in to the resort.

First Landing is a good choice. It's close to all the happenings on the Southside and right on the bay. There is also a Holiday Travel Park and a KOA in the city limits. Both are a little pricey even this early in the season. If I had my choice I'd go with Holdiay Travel. The one other park I can tell you about is North Landing Beach but is is in the rurual section of Virginia Beach, 20+ miles from the boardwalk and rather isolated from everything.

I hope this helps in planning your visit. Safe Travels

Ol'Joe
Ol'Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #7

Be prepared for jet noise. The FA-18's fly right over the Virginia Beach KOA and Holiday Travel Park. Most days they fly from 0730nam until 10:00 pm. We are currently in a military campground near the KOA and Travel Park. The noise is so bad that sitting outside is not fun. The planes are so low, you can wave to the pilots. If I had to choose between all the local campgrpounds, I would pick Holiday Travel Park.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #8

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Joe View Post
Hi Pirate,

I wanted to give you some info on "The Cove" here in Virginia Beach so you could better plan your trip. The Cove is actually a private membership resort. It is associated with Coast to Coast though so if you are with them you can come in on that connection. Other than that you would have to be sponsored by a current member or buy in to the resort.

First Landing is a good choice. It's close to all the happenings on the Southside and right on the bay. There is also a Holiday Travel Park and a KOA in the city limits. Both are a little pricey even this early in the season. If I had my choice I'd go with Holdiay Travel. The one other park I can tell you about is North Landing Beach but is is in the rurual section of Virginia Beach, 20+ miles from the boardwalk and rather isolated from everything.

I hope this helps in planning your visit. Safe Travels

Ol'Joe
Thanks for your info. This is our first year as coast to coast members so we are not sure what the campsites are like. We are going to be going from Virginia Beach and the Outer Bank in July.