Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #1

Inks Lake State Park Texas - Cellular Coverage?

Good Morning,
My wife and I are soon to make a trip to Inks Lake State Park, Texas and wonder if anyone has been there who could advise on cell service coverage. I have Sprint service, but will buy a pre-paid cell phone with another service if Sprint does not work well there. Have to stay in touch with home to check on daughter and 80 year old mother. THANK YOU!
P. S. - I did call the park and they stated it is much better than it used to be, but really could not get a definitive answer. Know for instance, that in Garner State Park, Verizon works when Sprint absolutely will not work...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
We stayed there in 2010. DW says we did not have AT&T cell coverage, I don't remember. I do remember the WIFI was good. We were close to the store where the WIFI antenna is. Nice park, the lake was low when we were there. We went to Longhorn Caverns and Enchanted Rock, nice. Enjoy

Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #3

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
T-Mobile, Verizon and most others work just fine. Sprint should be ok. I lived less then 10 miles from Inks Lake for over 20 years. Lake is still down but the park is beautiful. Gorgeous scenery. Blue Bonnet festival is coming up soon. Lots of things to do in the area. Sunrise Beach isn't very far away and sits on Lake LBJ. They have 5 lakeside parks. Up Sandy Mountain drive there is Sandy Park which has a nice beach area for picnics etc. Its illegal to feed the deer there in the park now but they will still walk right up to you. They do tend to get nosy in the mornings so don't leave anything loose laying around.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #4

Thank you very much and thank you also for the "things in the area" to see and do. We live near Lake Conroe, yet this will be our first time to visit the area and we are REALLY looking forward to it!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
AT&T is Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd956jd956 View Post
Good Morning,
My wife and I are soon to make a trip to Inks Lake State Park, Texas and wonder if anyone has been there who could advise on cell service coverage.
We just did Christmas at Inks, thoroughly enjoyed our time there! We joined up with friends, coordinated it all with wifey's iPhone.

Have fun!
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #6

Was there last week and our Verizon worked just fine.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #7

Follow-up report... Inks Lake State Park had excellent Sprint cell service which included 3G internet...

Tags
texas