Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #1
Input on where to stop - Canoeing

I am leaving on feb 28 to go to florida but only need to be in Orlando for the 13 of march when all the bikes are going to be delivered to a rented house for the week .

I am leaving 2 weeks before with my wife and will tow a motorcycle and a canoe.The canoe is the big thing for me as I never had it before .
I am looking for input from people that used a canoe somewhere they feel was a must see
I feel each camping have some kind of water next to it

I am leaving Ontario drive through south carolina where I seen ocean front camp site with channel going in land that could be nice to navigate in

I have 2 weeks of going anywhere between Charlote and Orlando

I don't care for the bike rides too much as We will be 12 ridding for a week during the bike week

mostly interested in location to canoe ha ha ha

thank you
any input is greatly appreciated

gridfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Canoeing in the spring can be a challenge with high water levels and swift currents on rivers. In addition, most river canoeing requires a put in point and take out point, with a vehicle left at each location. Here's a couple of links for SC. If you include lake paddling and/or salt water areas, you'd find many more places to explore. Also be aware, I spent some time in the Charleston area and most all lakes and rivers contained alligators.

Kayaking and Canoeing in South Carolina - Paddling.Net

SCTrails Water Trails

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 12:00 PM   #3
Maybe Silver Springs, near Ocalla, would have a place to put-in. Clear water , nice viewing.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:54 AM   #4
thanks guys ,I will be looking at those links .
never realized spring would make for harder conditions
I am not a experience canoe person either ,I can say I did it before but this is where it stop.
question even if it makes me look bad
Can Alligator be a worry if you just stay away from them ?
I never heard of Alligator attacking boats but I also live where they don't exist ha ha ha
gridfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #5
Winnebago Owners Club
Salt springs National forest. South West of Jacksonville, maybe 40 miles. It's on the mp and in campground lists.
Larry B, Luckiest Dreamer
Luckiest Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote