Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #1

I was just wondering if anyone was heading to or is already at Rincon Parkway in Ventura for Memorial day weekend? I am heading there tomorrow and was wondering if it was already jammed. Thanks!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #2

I was just wondering if anyone was heading to or is already at Rincon Parkway in Ventura for Memorial day weekend? I am heading there tomorrow and was wondering if it was already jammed. Thanks!

Old 05-20-2008, 02:41 PM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

Mr. Steve I'm not there, but Rincon is one of our favorite dry camping places. Please let us (me) know how it works out.

Ronnie
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #4

Ronnie, I will be sure to post a message while I'm there. Heading out in the AM. Glad to see theres another member of the site that enjoys Rincon. My wife and I love it there.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #5

Just left the Rincon Pkwy Sunday after arriving Wednesday to get a site. By Thursday eve. almost all sites were taken. It was a hot weekend and everyone was fleeing the heat.
As you probably know, people will come down mid week and spot their rig, pay for unused nights, and come down on the weekend. It's $25.00 per day now, 7 day limit. Seems to be fewer freight trains then I remember. Beach is clean, water is COLD! Lock up everything at night. Campfires seem to go unchallenged, traffic really hauls during the day. Watch your kids and pets. Anything else?
Old 05-21-2008, 06:44 AM   #6

Bill/Mr Steve, I measured the sites a couple of weeks ago when my wife and I were out on a day trip from Pismo Beach. They measure 44' 10", so my M/H will fit but not my toad. Any ideas on where I could park my Jeep? We have discussed leaving it at the RV park in Pismo.

Ronnie
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #7

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43':
Bill/Mr Steve, I measured the sites a couple of weeks ago when my wife and I were out on a day trip from Pismo Beach. They measure 44' 10", so my M/H will fit but not my toad. Any ideas on where I could park my Jeep? We have discussed leaving it at the RV park in Pismo.

Ronnie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ronnie, there is no easy answer to your question, at least as far as I know. My wife and I sometimes have one or both of our daughters visit with us on Rincon. What I have done before is walk down the road a bit and see where people do not have a tow vehicle and ask to park in their spot. I also obviously pay for the car too. You might be surprised, some people will be ok with sharing the space. Not the best solution, but it will work in a pinch.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 PM   #8

You might be able to pay to park it at the RV park at the West end of Ventura, along freeway. At least there it would be safe, only a few miles to the Rincon. Can't think of the name.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #9

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hobson is on the West end of Rincon, Faria on the east. Both are Ventura County parks. We have camped at both several times. They do have day parking, but last I heard were strict about extended period parking by people not staying in there facility.

Glenn
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #10

I was thinking of Ventura Beach RV Resort, commercial campground. They would rather you stay there, but might not mind taking your money to park your car there.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:40 AM   #11

Thanks for the options....may just leace the toad at home

Ronnie