Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #1

ISO monthly in NM/AZ

Hi! I am looking for a place to spend a few months in either NM or AZ and am looking for suggestions. My criteria is: 1. MUST have Verizon cell and data service 2. Reasonable monthly rate 3. Convenient to grocery store 4. Cold ok but no snow Can anyone please help me? Thank you. Liz
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hello, Liz. How about a bit more info, like which months you will actually be going? Do you prefer desert or mountains? Convenient to a grocery store for me means I can get there within 30-60 minutes, how about you? It can be cold in both states, but more snow the higher you go! Thanks, Bruce
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #3

very close to Phoenix in Buckeye is a campground called Leaf Verde, 1500 S Apache Rd, Buckeye, AZ 85326 (623) 386-3132

Lots of activities and close to all the shopping and restaurants. Inexpensive for the winter months and activities for all. Not sure about Verizon but call and ask. The only negative is it is an open field. But nice staff, nice dog run and activity room, pool, pickleball etc. We stayed a month and with electric it was less than $400
mga60tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

ISO monthly in NM/AZ

campgroundreviews.com the make calls. Has not failed me!
The monthly average temps and preciptation per city via the weatherchannel.com

We move with the good weather. Prescott, Tucson, Benson, Yuma, etc
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #5

The place for you is Butterfield RV in Benson, AZ. You can walk to Safeway - 1/2 block and to Wal Mart - 1 block. They have an observatory (down in summer for repair but they'll have it going for snowbirds in the Fall), pool, walk to the P.O. hospital (if you'll need routine blood work done), restaurants. Benson is cool in winter but warms up nicely by late morning.

Benson (Arizona ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #6

Thank you all for your suggestions. I appreciate them since I am totally unfamiliar with the area.

I am looking for the months of November-January, or maybe through February.

"Not far" for me means less than a 30-minute drive. :-)

Yes, I do use RV Park Reviews a lot.

Thank you again. I will check your recommendations out.

Liz
Old 10-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
The place for you is Butterfield RV in Benson, AZ. You can walk to Safeway - 1/2 block and to Wal Mart - 1 block. They have an observatory (down in summer for repair but they'll have it going for snowbirds in the Fall), pool, walk to the P.O. hospital (if you'll need routine blood work done), restaurants. Benson is cool in winter but warms up nicely by late morning.

Benson (Arizona ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviews
We've been there twice and I highly recomend this RV park. Great place and even better staff.
Home base Phoenix Az
judy3972 is offline   Reply With Quote