Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #1

Jackson hole area.

Hi all. Any suggestions for jackson hole Traveling in 30 foot with toad. Thanks. Doug Traveling in june

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #2

Stay in Teton National Park in any of their campgrounds. Gros Ventre is closest to Jackson - dry camping - 300 sites, but none are a long drive. Colter Bay RV Park has full hookups is that's what you need. There's also Colter Bay campground right next door without hookups - 300 sites.

The RV parks right in Jackson are very expensive and are just parking lots. Best to stay IN the park.

twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
You are talking about one of my favorite destinations.

Colter Bay is an outstanding full hookup campground if you want to stay in Grand Teton National Park. Reservations advised ASAP as they do sell out.

If you want to stay in Jackson, there is the Virginian, a fairly basic campground with a great downtown location, or the KOA which is somewhat removed from town and a little roomier and quieter. Both are a bit pricey.

My preference would be Colter Bay, it is really God's country there.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:58 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
You are talking about one of my favorite destinations.

Colter Bay is an outstanding full hookup campground if you want to stay in Grand Teton National Park. Reservations advised ASAP as they do sell out.

If you want to stay in Jackson, there is the Virginian, a fairly basic campground with a great downtown location, or the KOA which is somewhat removed from town and a little roomier and quieter. Both are a bit pricey.

My preference would be Colter Bay, it is really God's country there.
Marc,

Hope you're right...that's Beth's #1 bucket list location. We've got reservations in Coulter Bay Village RV Park 6-20 Sep. Can't wait.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #5

We stayed at Colter Bay in the full hookups area last summer for a week. We have been there several times before and also stayed in the cabins a couple of times. This is one of the most visually beautiful places I have ever been to. The non full hookups area is just as nice and right next to the full hookups.
B Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Totally agree !!!! Colter Bay CG with full hook-ups is the best.... We stayed thereaz week thus past Summer and loved it.... Word of warning tho... Major water pressure - blew two hoses while using pressure regulator... Learned you only need to barely open water faucet....

Would also strongly suggest you take the Breakfast Lake Cruise out to Elk Island ... Beautiful scenery and fantastic food ....
Old 02-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917
.....Would also strongly suggest you take the Breakfast Lake Cruise out to Elk Island ... Beautiful scenery and fantastic food ....
X2 for all ++++ on Tetons - and Colter Bay. If ya don't want breakfast with your cruise around Jackson Lake - there is / was a sunset cruise. Or rent a boat - or rent one on Jenny Lake - if ya catch fish the restaurant at Colter Bay will chef em up for if your staying there. The range is as or more beautiful than anything you will see in Yellowstone and pictures can not do them justice.

I am always amazed when I hear of folks traveling half way across the country to visit Yellowstone and not see the Tetons. I am not a mountain climber so I may get the terminology wrong - but the Tetons are the only Alpine Mountains in the US. They do not amble their way ever upward - they shoot straight up out of the ground - and with the lake at their feet - they are nothing short of majestic
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
One week Yellowstone ...two weeks, Titons. Can't hardly wait for September to get here.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
100% agree .... Tetons are fantastic... Plus area has tons of things to enjoy without the traffic jams of Yellowstone....
Old 02-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #10

X2^^^^^^^
Cricket SW3 Personal Transporter
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Be sure and take fishing equipment.. Lots of cutthroat trout in Yellowstone lake....
Old 02-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #12

Helpful info. Also thinking of returning to the Tetons this summer. We went in 2003 but did not spend any quality time there.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krashqueen
Helpful info. Also thinking of returning to the Tetons this summer. We went in 2003 but did not spend any quality time there.
We have splurged on 2 occasions and spent a night or two at Jackson Lake Lodge. The view from the patio is excellent and I assume the bar still mixes a great adult beverage.

I will say this - the main lodge is a worth the $ over the row building(s) / rooms. Nothing wrong with those rooms - Except - either the walls are very thin - or Big Foot was sleeping in the adjoining room. Snored all night with decibels of a chain saw. Lol.... But only in retrospect.

On edit - haven't been by the lodge in some time - assume the same rooms are still sending...
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:02 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Left the coach in Cody, drove into Jackson stayed 2 nights. and went up in the gondola for nibbles and drinks.
The Tetons are incredible.
I had worn all my Jackson Hole tee shirts completely out from 2005 when we skied there for 3 weeks.
Reloaded with all the tees in 2012. This was the first time we had been to a ski hill in the summer.
I had told DW that I wanted to move from Australia to live in Jackson Hole (she said I would get very lonely!!!)
Book early for Colter Bay as they are very popular