Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2017, 09:24 AM   #1

Jackson, MS mid - Nov through December

We would like to "settle down " for the holiday season, join a church and sing in the choir and take in the sights and sounds and we somewhat randomly picked Jackson since it won't be freezing and we'll be close to that area around then. We don't know the area at all and are full time RVers.

We're normally not RV park people preferring boondocking and more private space but we think we'd like to find a place with full hookups and reasonable rates for that time period.

Suggestions for places to stay and churches who would welcome a great baritone and a so so soprano for the season?!

Thank you for your help!

Ellen

lnanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #2

Timberlake Campground is really nice and the only church I have visited there is Eastside Baptist Church, great people!! Itís located in Pearl, MS about 10 miles from campground.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:49 AM   #3

That part of the country is nice, we spent two winters across border in Demopolis AL, but it does get cold there including sleet, snow and freezing rain. Not as much as farther north but more than we liked. Even our one winter in Foley AL (near gulf coast), had weeks in mid/lie 30ís with drizzle which chilled us to the bone. Not trying to turn you away from Jackson, just be prepared for the weather.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:49 AM   #4

Just going to suggest considering Riverview RV campground in Vidalia, LA just across the river from Natchez, MS which is about 80 miles SW of Jackson.

As to the wont be freezing, don't bet on it, Natchez is a bit north east of where I live, my mother grew up near there so I have lots of relatives in that area. The weather there tends to be a couple of degrees cooler than where I live in western Louisiana and where I live I have seen freezing rain on Christmas a number of times in my life, though on average we don't have our first freeze of the year until after January 1st. Of course 3 or 4 years ago during the big polar vortex winter we had two freezes before the end of October.

If you really want to avoid chances of freezing weather your best bet is to be near the coast (within 20 miles)
Old 09-24-2017, 04:36 AM   #5

Visited my brother in Brandon and stayed at the above mentioned Timberlake. Stayed in the short term area but walked through the long term area. Seemed nice. Fairly close to a lot of shopping. I’d stay there again in a minute.
2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 PM   #6

Wow, good to know on the freezing part! May have to rethink it. Or be prepared to wait it out if it happens. As to Timberlake, I thought saw it's no alcohol. While I'm sure I could handle it, I would miss the extra holiday cheer and hot spiced wine and hot buttered rum?!
Old 09-26-2017, 06:54 PM   #7

I live in Baton Rouge, La, we get a few freezes each year, snow once every 5 or 10 years. Jackson in colder but I don't think you will experience that much Timber Lake is a very nice campground in a nice part of Jackson, Ms..
I also like River View in Vidalia La across the river from Natchez.
Look at Cajun Palms about 30 miles west of Baton Rouge just off I-10.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I live in Baton Rouge, La, we get a few freezes each year, snow once every 5 or 10 years. Jackson in colder but I don't think you will experience that much Timber Lake is a very nice campground in a nice part of Jackson, Ms..
I also like River View in Vidalia La across the river from Natchez.
Look at Cajun Palms about 30 miles west of Baton Rouge just off I-10.
thank you, we will!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:58 PM   #9

I have never had a problem with having a drink at my camp site including Timberlake. I think what they are trying to avoid is a loud party.

Tags
jacks