Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2011, 07:25 AM   #1

Jackson Wy RV Parks

We were wanting to go to Jackson Hole this summer after the rodeo in
Cheyenne. We have never been there so I was wondering if anyone had info of a rv park there. We have a 45' mh. I saw one online but it looks to be a little close between rigs.
Thanks for any help!
augarboy
augar boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #2

We stayed at Star Valley Ranch last fall & it was truly a great place to stay. it's a little far from Jackson (40 miles or so) but a couple of days in Jackson proper was enough for me. I got the best steak I have ever had at a little steak house & bar in Thayne Wy. You will be close to the Grand Tetons also.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #3

Thanks Steve
We have not been to the Tetons. That is the main reason I wanted to go there and to south end of Yellowstone. Just one or two days is enough for us in any tourist town! Last year we came back through Estes Park from the Dakotas and Frontier Days only to find the Park jam packed with folks and bumper to bumper traffic. Didn't take long to get our fill of that!
Thanks Again
John
augar boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Just North of Jackson there is a National Park on the right that we stayed at several years ago. It was close to the Tetons and Yellowstone. Sure beat the RV parks and rude folks staying in and running them in Jackson. It might be Bridger Teton National Forest.
sgtjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Last September we stayed in Colter Bay RV Park which has full hooks, not to be confused with Colter Bay Campground across the road which has no hookups. It's a very nice park with a little strip of stores within walking distance. A 45 footer will fit with ease. It's probably 20 miles north of Jackson right on Lake Jackson. The road from the campground to Jackson gives you the best view of the Tetons you'll find.
2002 Jayco Eagle 300FSS Travel Trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 w/Duramax, RDS 60 Gallon Toolbx/Tank Combo, Edge EZ, Boost Stick, Bilstein Shocks, Michelin 265 MS2, Isspro Pyrometer and Boost Gauges, ARE Topper, Honda EU3000
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by augar boy View Post
We were wanting to go to Jackson Hole this summer after the rodeo in
Cheyenne. We have never been there so I was wondering if anyone had info of a rv park there. We have a 45' mh. I saw one online but it looks to be a little close between rigs.
Thanks for any help!
augarboy
There are a couple of parks in Jackson itself, they average 55 to 65 dollars per night, there is a state park on the way out of Jackson called Gross Ventre and it is 9dollars a night without electric or water, it is nice because you are out of all the hub bub. There are way to many things to do outside of jackson (which you can do in one half a day) to have fun.
slcgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We stayed here Teton Valley RV Park and drove the 30 minutes back to Jackson by car.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
There really aren't any commercial campgrounds in or near jackson. One maybe, but it's just a hotel parking lot, barely enough room to get the slides out, all blacktop, no trees or shade.

We also stayed at teton vallet rv park last year. Veryt nice place, good people, nice pool. Fun run over teton pass in the toad to get to jackson. I did run the pace arrow over the pass on the way out of town... big fun, 25 minutes in first gear at 4700 rpm, 25 mph... straight up.

There are a number of really nice places around west yellowstone. Easy access to yellowstone, but kinda far to the tetons.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:08 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
I stayed in a campground in Hoback Junction. I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the place. It was on a river and probably about 10 miles from the town of Jackson.

When we had the motorhome, we used to stay in the Virginian for convenience. It's a parking lot in the back of the hotel and expensive.
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
We have stayed three times at the Virginian right in Jackson, last time was about six years ago and will not stay there again. Its rather the only game in town, overly priced (in my opinion) and VERY VERY tight and close together.. We traveled in a 40 ft DP.
Recently our last several trips we have stayed at Gros Ventre Campground out of Jackson and Colter Bay Campground (both National Park campgrounds), so dry camping. Colter Bay is amazing and we love it, try to stay there yearly.
Also understand the Colter Bay RV Campground there(private) is very nice and you cannot beat the area, its stunning.
Check out www.campgroundreviews.com, click on the state and lots of ideas and reviews, we find it most helpful.
We will be returning to Gros Ventre and Colter Bay for two weeks again this summer, area is so breathtaking.
BarkAvenue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to J&SW
We stayed at The Virginian, right in Jackson, just last fall. TERRIBLY overpriced, moderate service, and downright ugly. WiFi cost extra. There were spaces for larger units. All in all, we'd never stay there again. Did I mention ugly, and TERRIBLY overpriced? Heard good things about Colter Bay.

As JimM68 suggests, the Hwy 22 Teton Pass west of Jackson is a real thrill. 10% grades, 2000+ elevation change in less than 10 miles I think, narrow, 2nd gear (for our gas Workhorse 8.1). Beautiful, and a bit scary.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #12

Gross Ventre is closest to town; dry camp, not much shade I've stayed at both colter bay and Gross Ventre, colter bay fills up fast. you usually can get in Grose Venture with no problem.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #13

I have stayed at Gros Ventre( grow vant) many times. Great location, but a tight squeeze for a 45 footer. There is a section that was being renovated last summer that may now handle 45ers. I would definitely call first. BTW, last year there were two large moose wandering thru the cg every day.
Tom
TomE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 01:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomE View Post
I have stayed at Gros Ventre( grow vant) many times. Great location, but a tight squeeze for a 45 footer. There is a section that was being renovated last summer that may now handle 45ers. I would definitely call first. BTW, last year there were two large moose wandering thru the cg every day.
Tom
I have to add; in one section of the campground; will allow trailers and motorhomes; but you arn't allowed to run your generator. your ok in the other sections to run your generator.
melvonnar is offline   Reply With Quote