Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #1

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Has anyone ever stayed at the Jellystone in Gatlinburg? We have looked at most of the campgrounds in the area through Woodalls and this forum, and Twin Creek seems to get great reviews. I have not seen anything on this Jellystone and was wondering if anyone had any info. Thanks.

2007 Chevy Silverado
JMJCSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #2

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Has anyone ever stayed at the Jellystone in Gatlinburg? We have looked at most of the campgrounds in the area through Woodalls and this forum, and Twin Creek seems to get great reviews. I have not seen anything on this Jellystone and was wondering if anyone had any info. Thanks.

2007 Chevy Silverado
JMJCSIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

JMJCSIM,
Good evening. I have spent a lot of vacations in the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area over the last 15 years. The last 7 years in a rv. Although we have never stayed at the Jellystone campground we have driven through it and past it numerous times.
Here are my impressions of it. The campground it self is probably at least 10 miles outside of Gatlinburg on highway 321 that runs parallel to the North side of the Smokies.
It has a lot of trees but I don't think that they would be a problem as far as access. It has that look of maybe what you would picture in your mind a campground should be. Kind of woodsey. I think they have full hookups but I can't say for certain.
You mentioned Twin Creeks and in my opinion Twin Creeks is a much nicer campground, its in Gatlinburg about 2 miles off the main drag and I would choose it over Jellystone but everyone has different likes and dislikes about campgrounds so you might find it more to your liking.
Have you done a search online? You might be able to find pictures. Have you tried campgroundreviews.com? They have a lot of reviews and maybe its listed.
Letsgoagain
Old 02-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #4

Me again,
I just checked out campgroundreviews.com and they do indeed have several reviews about the Gatlinburg Jellystone campground. I think you will find all the information you are looking for on this particular campground.
In my opinion this is a little pricey for this campground but only you will be able to say for sure if you stay there.
Enjoy your stay in the area regardless of where you stay.
Letsgoagain
Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #5

Appalachian Campers
We have stayed at the Jellystone in Gatlinburg on many occasions and it remains one of our favorites in that area for many reasons.

For us, the location is perfect. I absolutely dread fighting the traffic jam into Sevierville and then into Pigeon Forge. We went a couple of weeks ago thinking that there would not be a traffic jam, but there was. Once we got to the campground (River Plantation), I could not stand the bumper to bumper traffic whenever we wanted to go to Pigeon Forge. And, this is definitely not the busy season. However, staying at Jellystone, we bypass all of the traffic. It is a traffic free drive down I81 then 40 then 321 to Jellystone. Then, it is a stress free, traffic jam free drive down to the Food City store. Also, you are near the Arts and Crafts district which has some great stores.
And, you can take the "back way" to Pigeon Forge and avoid all traffic.

Also, we really love the campground itself. It is definitely not like some of the "parking lot" type campgrounds in the area. There is alot of tree coverage and we have a couple favorite sites on the back stream. Also, the owners are the best and they keep the campground and bathouses spotless. You couldnt meet a nicer family.

Also, there are plenty of activities for kids.

They have just made some changes to some of their sites. I am unsure of how many. However, they have altered some of their sites to enlarge them.

I wholeheartedly recommend this campground.

I have some pictures in my webshots if you are interested...

Jellystone
5happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote