Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #1

Man Oh Man do they have this place down to a science!! Every aspect of our stay was enjoyable. Everything folks have said in earlier posts about this place is true. Yes they have some tight spaces, however they will immediately move you to a site that works for you. Our site on arrival was great! We have 36 footer, slides, awnings, and it all fit perfectly.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw a site that was decorated to the nines for Valentines. This person must have spent a few thousand just to decorate their site. The Disney bus driver told us that he has been there since October, which he stays six months annually.

We highly recommend to anyone!! We appreciated being there during the value season. We only paid $27 a night with our AAA discount. I can't believe we stayed at Walt Disney World for a week, visited each park, meals out everyday, and spent less then $1000 total. Gas to and from is another story...LOL!!

Just wanted to share with those that may have never been to FW. It's great to be home, however I've already booked next year to do it all over again. I guess I'm just a BIG KID at heart.

06'Winnebago Adventurer 35A
It's A Good Life!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #2

Man Oh Man do they have this place down to a science!! Every aspect of our stay was enjoyable. Everything folks have said in earlier posts about this place is true. Yes they have some tight spaces, however they will immediately move you to a site that works for you. Our site on arrival was great! We have 36 footer, slides, awnings, and it all fit perfectly.

I could not believe my eyes when I saw a site that was decorated to the nines for Valentines. This person must have spent a few thousand just to decorate their site. The Disney bus driver told us that he has been there since October, which he stays six months annually.

We highly recommend to anyone!! We appreciated being there during the value season. We only paid $27 a night with our AAA discount. I can't believe we stayed at Walt Disney World for a week, visited each park, meals out everyday, and spent less then $1000 total. Gas to and from is another story...LOL!!

Just wanted to share with those that may have never been to FW. It's great to be home, however I've already booked next year to do it all over again. I guess I'm just a BIG KID at heart.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Chris:

Always hear good things about Disney and FW. How far in advance did you book this most recent trip?

We tried to reserve a site in FW for Feb. 06 starting in Nov. 05 and could not get in. We understood Feb. was a very slow time for the parks but perhaps not FW.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:46 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
Chris:

Always hear good things about Disney and FW. How far in advance did you book this most recent trip?

We tried to reserve a site in FW for Feb. 06 starting in Nov. 05 and could not get in. We understood Feb. was a very slow time for the parks but perhaps not FW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi smlranger –

We booked it on September 3rd, 2006 for 5-nights during the week of Valentines Day.

Also, the key is to book your room/site only and not purchase a package, so you can apply any discounts you may have like AAA. In the same reservation, you can purchase your park tickets separately. Disney wont let you apply discounts to packages, which makes sense.

When we arrived we received an ID card for each of us to use the facilities and entry into the parks. Be sure to purchase the Park Hopper Option so you can enjoy the ultimate flexibility of coming and going as you please. The meal plan saves money for large groups, I say if you have 8 or less in your party forget it.

As mentioned earlier, as soon as we got back home we booked same time next year!

Hope this helped...

Old 03-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #5

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">I'm glad you had a great vacation !! We are going there for the first time over Easter and we can't wait. I wish I had known about the AAA discount when I booked my trip, darn it, lol.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:35 AM   #6

We are going there April 20-23. This will be out third or forth visit. I agree that there is more to do than can be accomplished in just a few days. We plan on a lot of repeat visits, as we live in Orlando, and have 2 small villians (Kids). Great place to go!!!!

2006 Monarch SE 37"
stevelp is offline   Reply With Quote