Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2014, 01:46 PM   #1

Kanab to Las Vegas

Does any one have any recommendations on a good route from Kanab to Las Vegas? All suggestions appreciated
Jasper44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #2

Looking at the map it would appear that the most interesting route would be to go north on route 9 and continue through Zion NP and out to I-15. I-15 runs directly into Las Vegas.
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Take into account that Zion has a tunnel and a ton of switchbacks as you exit the tunnel. If you're too high, you pay more at the entrance station and they close off the tunnel so you ride down the center line. If you are towing and longer than about 55 feet, you will need to unhook so you will need a second driver.

If those are OK, then the Zion route is definitely prettier!

Otherwise you take 89A to Fredonia to 389 which turns into 59 and leads back into 9 and finally I-15.
RVing for 20 years & 200,000+ miles
RVThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I go south to Fredonia then west on 389/59 to Hurricane then to I-15. Good road. It's farther that through Zion but all easy roads.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazoo Tom View Post
Looking at the map it would appear that the most interesting route would be to go north on route 9 and continue through Zion NP and out to I-15. I-15 runs directly into Las Vegas.

Thanks we looked at that route and found the tunnel in Zion that doesn't fit our rig. We will probable take the longer route was outlined below

Thanks for the feedback
Old 09-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVThere View Post
Take into account that Zion has a tunnel and a ton of switchbacks as you exit the tunnel. If you're too high, you pay more at the entrance station and they close off the tunnel so you ride down the center line. If you are towing and longer than about 55 feet, you will need to unhook so you will need a second driver.

If those are OK, then the Zion route is definitely prettier!

Otherwise you take 89A to Fredonia to 389 which turns into 59 and leads back into 9 and finally I-15.

Good info about the tunnel. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
I go south to Fredonia then west on 389/59 to Hurricane then to I-15. Good road. It's farther that through Zion but all easy roads.

That is probably our route, we had looked at it but the good Sam atlas did not mark it a RV friendly and that made us nervous. Really appreciate your help.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #8

Pipe Springs

Hey, Jasper.

When you leave Fredonia heading west, leave an hour at least for a visit to the Pipe Springs National Historic Site. It's worth the stop.

Also, the switchbacks dropping down into Hurricane are steep, but short. Take your time and you'll be fine.
GC Rapidman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas