Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
I like to get anyone who has been to this campground in Newburg NY .I know Lenny Z ( from the northeters foreum) has been there before i tried to get in touch but i guess hes away.Im looking to try for oct weekend and i rarely have gone to KOAs. Heard not many good things about most.Can anyone give me some inout about this particular KOA.
Jerry

5.3 V8 tow package 3.73 2009 Roo23ss.ultra Fab 3500,equalizer hitch 1000/10000.
jerry7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2008, 09:40 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
I like to get anyone who has been to this campground in Newburg NY .I know Lenny Z ( from the northeters foreum) has been there before i tried to get in touch but i guess hes away.Im looking to try for oct weekend and i rarely have gone to KOAs. Heard not many good things about most.Can anyone give me some inout about this particular KOA.
Jerry

Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Jerry... I think I've also heard Lenny speak well of the Jellystone Park in that area too. Just to give you an option if KOA doesn't work out.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:48 AM   #4

I LIVE CLOSE BY AND IT'S NOT A BAD PLACE SINCE THE KIDS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL. THE CABINS FOR THE MOST PART ARE AWAY FROM THE RV SPOTS. TRY TO GET A SPOT TO THE LEFT OF THE ENTRANCE.
370 xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I've been to both CGs. Sat reception is no go. Both are very forested. Both are gravel/dirt sites. Both have pull throughs and back in sites, onsite store. At Yogi, one can not even receive off air TV and not all the CG is wired for cable TV. If you are going to be there for leaf peeping, consider taking the one that costs less. The bottom line is both are well off the main roads, quiet, clean with friendly staff.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Thanks guys i have been to thye jellystone in Gardnier before and its excellent park, but no sites open for the next 5 weekends so its no go there .I got a reservation to the KOA but im haveing second thoughts , if its as bad with Tv reception and also they want 63 bucks for 2 people and extra for additional children or adults MMM they have to have alot for that price

jerry

Old 09-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #7

They don't have any thing special. Be carefull if you give them a credit card. Should you have to cancel they will horse you around. Did it to me. Fortunatly KOA corporate did not agree with their position. They gave me a stay at any KOA free. You end up with a reasonable refund in that case, but not a complete refund as it is hard to find a KOA that charges as much as Newburgh. Not nice people from a bussiness sense. can't comment on the campground. Rich
Mrboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Jerry,
KOA has cable TV and you get quite a few TV stations. I like KOA and send many customers there as well as the YOGI. Both are not cheap, KOA is more secluded and private in my opinion. Yogi is more kid oriented and has the river. Both are very close in price. KOA has great Halloween weekends, and even sets up a haunted house, and does pumpkin painting etc.

Yogi NOW HAS CABLE! A big plus beacuse as the previous poster stated there was no over the aire TV, and for the price you would want TV. If you need Satelite in the KOA you have to go to the right of the office in the rally/group section. The rest of the campground is quite wooded.

I WOULD NOT CANCEL KOA! TRY IT IS BETTER THEN MOST I HAVE BEEN TO!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Lenny,
We were in the area this summer. Yogi has cable at the sites on the lower level and closest to the office. None of these sites were 50 AMP. All the 50 AMP sites had the cable TV cable run, but was not yet scheduled to complete the installation.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I do some work there and we stayed there 2nd week in August, and all the cable work was done and it was up and running! Let me know the next time you are here and I will say hi!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote