Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-17-2017, 01:01 AM   #1

KOA Kabins?

While not exactly an RV question, What is the appeal of KOA Kabins? I ask because I recently stayed at an older KOA where nearly half of their RV loops had been converted to Kabins, and the web site mentioned something about more coming soon.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-17-2017, 04:24 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
From what I have seen, a lot of campground's are going this route........rented just about all the time, city folk's that don't want to or just don't own a RV and they want to escape the house and go camping. As mentioned, they are becoming really popular, and when I talk to campground owner's, they are a money maker........
Old 05-17-2017, 06:00 AM   #3

I stayed at a place that had cabins, but not a KOA. The older couple next to me were joined by their kids & grandkids, since the kids had no RV they rented a cabin. Everyone seemed very happy about the arrangement.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #4

We have stayed in cabins at KOAs a couple of times. They are basically a bed in a cabin. One has to bring everything. Contrast that to several state park cabins we have stayed in (mostly in Virginia) where everything but clothes and food are provided. We prefer the older CCC built cabins. Oh, and the VA state park cabins had bathrooms where all the KOA cabins required us to use a bathhouse.
jpharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:46 PM   #5

Sometimes we have friends who want to join us at a campground and don't have an rv. Therefore they stay in cabins. Perfect idea for them.
motohomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
When we did a lot of traveling on motorcycles cabins sure beat the crap out of sleeping in a tent.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:05 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
A lot of the GA State Parks are putting in Yurts for all of the reasons above.
Cranemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
When we did a lot of traveling on motorcycles cabins sure beat the crap out of sleeping in a tent.
Bicycle tourists here in California love them. Showers. Laundry. Pool
Spa
Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
We just happened to check into Cape Hatteras KOA today for a four night stay in a cabin. We are in a deluxe pet friendly and only need to bring food, clothes, and dog stuff. Everything else is here, including a Weber Q grill so I could have left the Coleman Roadtrip home. I don't own a RV yet and we wanted an early season trip so this met our needs. Plus I get to talk to motorhome owners as I walk around!
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #10

The other use for the Kabins is when the coach will travel with a number of people more comfortably than it will sleep that number of people. For example we've used them in the later years of our kid's being in high school when sister and brother don't want to share a sleeping space any more and also when our family of 4 have traveled with our inlaws. Riding with 6 is fine it sleeping 6 is impossible.
Jeffcarp is offline   Reply With Quote