Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
tjd

KOA Las Vegas

Anyone get the wonderful email(sarcasm) that Sam's Town will now be a KOA.

I knew the KOA at Circus Circus was closing down Oct. 1st but I guess they are going to take over Sam's Town.

This really sucks.

I always liked only having to pay 25 dollars a night for a space at Sam's Town. Now expect to pay 3 times that much with it being a KOA.

Maybe I a jumping the gun on this criticism since I can not check the rates on the KOA site yet but I do not hold out any hope they will not jack up the prices.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
While trying to make a reservation at ST I discovered that they will be taken over by Keep On Adding. Couldn't make a reservation so I called KOA and they were not ready to make a reservation and stated that they would not be until later in the month.

We stay at ST frequently and this is not good news. They probably can't charge as much as they did at Circus Circus as ST is not on the strip, but I suspect that they will try to gouge the public. Time to head to other CGs.

Nick

Old 10-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There is another thread on it already

Try Arizona Charlie's

Or Join Thousand Trails (35/night if you do not join)

Back in 2006 there was a private park just (And I mean JUST like 100 yards) south of Thousand Trails Las Vegas... Do not know if they survived.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
There is another thread on it already

Try Arizona Charlie's

Or Join Thousand Trails (35/night if you do not join)

Back in 2006 there was a private park just (And I mean JUST like 100 yards) south of Thousand Trails Las Vegas... Do not know if they survived.
The Private Park was just a large empty lot last winter. It is actually right next door to Arizona Charlie's.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
That lot was open for awhile. I walked through it and talked to the owner as he was preparing it for use. He talked to me about local rates, etc. Shortly thereafter I heard he got a buyer/developer who was going to develop it into apartments or a hotel. Well shortly after that the economy went bust and the owner tooks a bath. It is now just a mess and a place for the local bums to hang out and sleep.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #6

The DW and I are currently at the KOA at Sams Town on a long term stay in Las Vegas. We had zero heads up on this change and are seeing the KOA changes as they happen. On the first day everything turned yellow and the office staff that we knew were gone.

Next was a $30.00 a month increase in space rent, but that could be because of the Snowbirds flocking in this time of year. We lost our 24/7 security, now only 6am - 6pm.

Time will tell.
Bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Great, security at a time when it is not necessary and no security when it is necessary. Could you check on daily or weekly rates.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #8

Correction on the security times..it should have been 6pm to 6am.

Also we just got a notice that the campground will no longer provide mail delivery service. So now we have to go rent a PO Box someplace.

So far KOA is not impressing us.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:36 PM   #9

Freightliner Owners Club
I've always wondered how they stay in business as their rates are unusually high in the industry. I called them and it looks as if their rates will be at least 20% higher than they use be.

Not good news.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #10

Well as of November 16th or so, we will no longer be at the KOA. We found a nice park in Boulder City and will be relocating there next month. KOA can KMA as far as I am concerned.

Increase in price and decrease in service. Not my idea of making an improvement.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #11
tjd

Knew any changes they made would be good changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
Well as of November 16th or so, we will no longer be at the KOA. We found a nice park in Boulder City and will be relocating there next month. KOA can KMA as far as I am concerned.

Increase in price and decrease in service. Not my idea of making an improvement.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #12

Can't Help Myself

I'm trying to be understanding here but I would rather overnight on the shoulder of Interstate 10 than stay in a KOA. In all seriousness, what type of camper stays at KOA? How are they still in business? I also join the list of those sorry to see Sam's Town go this route. And yes, I bash KOA every chance I get. It's personal.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #13

Check out North Las Vegas (Nevada ) - Campground Reviews - RV Park Reviewsthe Clark County Shooting Complex CG. About 15 miles from the strip in North Las Vegas.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas