Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Koa savannah

We will be staying at the savannah koa for saint Patrick's day weekend , anyone stayed at this one before?
__________________

__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsanchez24
We will be staying at the savannah koa for saint Patrick's day weekend , anyone stayed at this one before?
Sites are very tight. Do a Savannah search. There are better options.
__________________

__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
OSP1268's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 524
We always go to Hardeeville RV Park, which is actually in SC. Nothing fancy, but plenty of room, mostly pull thru and good hook-ups. No pool, and no shower area. But that is why we have an RV isn't it?
They are also a Passport America park. Just a short drive into Savannah.
__________________
R & E
No RV at the moment
OSP1268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSP1268
We always go to Hardeeville RV Park, which is actually in SC. Nothing fancy, but plenty of room, mostly pull thru and good hook-ups. No pool, and no shower area. But that is why we have an RV isn't it?
They are also a Passport America park. Just a short drive into Savannah.
Cool will check it out. Thanks.
__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
wa8yxm's Avatar
 
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,790
Which way are you travelilng.. When I was going south I stopped at MacIntosh Lake park in Townsend Ga for a night, Nice small park easy in/out for me.. Then for 9 weeks at CatheadCreekRV on the far side of Townsend (Just off exit 49) Also small, no trees but otherwise very nice. I plan on returning to that park in the future. (I may visit the lake too but .. Hey, I really liked Cowboy Bill's park) .
__________________
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
We will be traveling south on 95, plans are to have some fun in savannah on Dt. Patrick's day.
__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
scenic route's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,767
X2 for Hardeeville RV. Don't forget to stroll down on the riverfront...eat some shrimp for me and have a great trip. We love Savannah. Bob
__________________
Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 852
Hardeeville RV??? Good Gods. What a dump. Nothing more than a parking lot with full hook ups. I can't believe I fell for this one.

If you want a sewer hookup, I guess it's your place. If you want beauty and a truly nice experience of being along the coast in the south, go to Skidaway Island. It's just about as far from Savannah and a ton lots nicer looking, plus there are some stores nearby.

I fail to understand what folks see with Hardeeville. Nobody in the office, won't take credit cards, junky looking RV's all over the place. Yuck.
__________________
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
new2RVn's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Richmond Hill, Ga.
Posts: 242
I'm about 3 or 4 miles from the KOA and have to admit I'm not impressed. Google Redgate Farms Campground. Much closer to all the festivities. If you've never been to Savannah for St. Patty's day you are in for a great time. Hope you like crowds cause it's going to be crowded. Ditto on River Street. Great place to be anytime. Other good places are Skidaway Island State Park and Fort McCallister State Park.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
__________________
Steve & Cheryl w/3rd Crewmember Peanut, Our Deerhead Chiuaua
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U F53, V10 Gasser,Safe T Plus
2004 Wrangler Toad via Stowmaster 5000, BrakeBuddy Classic
Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband
new2RVn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2RVn
I'm about 3 or 4 miles from the KOA and have to admit I'm not impressed. Google Redgate Farms Campground. Much closer to all the festivities. If you've never been to Savannah for St. Patty's day you are in for a great time. Hope you like crowds cause it's going to be crowded. Ditto on River Street. Great place to be anytime. Other good places are Skidaway Island State Park and Fort McCallister State Park.

Being retired means you can put off till tomorrow what you could have done today
I tried to get into red gate but they were booked. Even skid away was booked.
__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
Hardeeville RV??? Good Gods. What a dump. Nothing more than a parking lot with full hook ups. I can't believe I fell for this one.

If you want a sewer hookup, I guess it's your place. If you want beauty and a truly nice experience of being along the coast in the south, go to Skidaway Island. It's just about as far from Savannah and a ton lots nicer looking, plus there are some stores nearby.

I fail to understand what folks see with Hardeeville. Nobody in the office, won't take credit cards, junky looking RV's all over the place. Yuck.
Have stayed at skid away when we had the pop up , loved it. But they were booked.
__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Dave Leeper's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Kernersville, Nc
Posts: 124
While your in Savannah for St. Patty's day, Make sure you hit River Street. That will be a good time
__________________
Dave Leeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Rsanchez24's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Leeper
While your in Savannah for St. Patty's day, Make sure you hit River Street. That will be a good time
Oh we plan on hitting river street and taking a cab back to koa.
__________________
Rsanchez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 20
Buses run out of Koa to savanna
__________________

__________________
wwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice to newbie-KOA, Good Sams, so many choices cfyanes Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 15 03-04-2012 02:56 PM
Cape Hatteras KOA? Acm210 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 7 03-04-2012 07:38 AM
KOA's Squanto Monaco Owner's Forum 20 03-01-2012 10:24 AM
MH campgrounds near Savannah GA WhiteEagle Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 9 02-19-2012 04:45 PM
Savannah Ga frugal eats..Shrimp and grits suggestions ctcamper Southeast Region 3 02-19-2012 04:01 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.