Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #1

Lake Havasu City, AZ

We are looking to visit Lake Havasu in Jan/Feb 2013. Does anyone have any recommendations for a RV Park with full hook ups.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #2

We will be in that area mid February. Have not been before but Crazy Horse seems to stand out. See this.
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions...vasu_City.html

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
We were there in November and stayed at Lake Havasu RV Park, a Colorado River Adventure park. We stayed under our Coast to Coast membership, but they may accept others. Full hookups, great WiFi, good food service in their little cafe. We were quite happy with it. When you go, ask some locals about the Desert Bar -- it's a totally solar powered bar out in the desert that is very unique (even if you don't drink). Only problem is it's very hard to find, hence, ask a local if you're interested.
llmrealestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We will be in that area mid February. Have not been before but Crazy Horse seems to stand out. See this.
RV Park Reviews :: Lake Havasu City, Arizona ( AZ ) - RV Parks and Campground Reviews

Been there, after checking out a few spots with just the towed.. Crazy horse is where we stayed.. Nice park.

One of the fun things is in another (NON RV) family of forums there are several where I have moderator powers.. But in none of them am I the top person... One of them, at the time, the Main Man lived in London,, Yes, England, Queen and all that....

The bridge you cross to get to the island where Crazy horse park is... Is the original London Bridge... I took many photos and uploaded to him.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post

Been there, after checking out a few spots with just the towed.. Crazy horse is where we stayed.. Nice park.

One of the fun things is in another (NON RV) family of forums there are several where I have moderator powers.. But in none of them am I the top person... One of them, at the time, the Main Man lived in London,, Yes, England, Queen and all that....

The bridge you cross to get to the island where Crazy horse park is... Is the original London Bridge... I took many photos and uploaded to him.
Thanks, even if it aint my thread!
Oh baby, da bridge boss, da bridge

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:32 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
My choice would be Prospector RV. I live in Havasu.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:39 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuhly View Post
My choice would be Prospector RV. I live in Havasu.
Ah, a Native!!!!,, OH, note there is a membership campground there too, Very nice one if you belong to one of the exchange programs.

Now the reason for this post...

I know when the bridge was first brought to America they did a big vintage London thing with security dressed as Bobbies and Palace guard types and so on.. But when I was there they had shut most all that down.

The media was reporting on plans for a do-over.

Have they "Done over" or are they just done?

I still had a good time... Took a gondola ride and everything. It was fun, he claimed (The Gondolaeer) that he was a Professionally trained singer..Turns out he has the same level of training, when it comes to singing, that I have. We are both in the choir at church.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:11 PM   #8

Haven't been there before but will be staying at Lake Havasu Falls near end of January.... sounded good to me from earlier comments on another forum.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #9

Havasu RV Resort is pretty nice. We have a lot there.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #10

Lake Havasu RV Resort is different from Havasu RV Resort. We've stayed at the first a few times on RPI membership. Park is fine if average. Staff was friendly and helpful. It has two sections-one for short-term and other for long-term/lease. Avoid spring break time unless you like wall-to-wall drunk college types, bikini action, and loud. Bridge area is decent, not totally renovated. The two restaurant pubs (Mudshark and Barley Bros.) were great. There may be other fine places to eat, but we could never talk ourselves out of these two.