Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2014, 04:15 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Wow I like that, 78 miles that would make a nice day trip.
I'm glad I decided to take the toad.
Is it possible to go too the area where it goes from the River into the lake?
In Minn and the Mississippi River you can. Actually you can take a hwy that follows the Mississippi. That's a fun trip all in it's self
Thanks for the info.
Tim
Coming into Lake Havasu from the North on the Colorado river would be about like entering Lake Pepin from the Mississippi, except as I recall the Colorado is a lot more shallow than the Mississippi. not sure of clarity in Lake Havasu, but below Parker dam you can see the bottom in 10 to 12 ft of water on the Colorado. I know you can't do that on the Mississippi, don't recall on the St. Croix.

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2014, 05:28 AM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
You can't see in one inch on the Mississippi, the St Croix is a lot cleaner. The Mississippi is a lot cleaner after Lake Pepin though.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:35 AM   #45

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Great Pictures Thanks,
I have been watching those races on the tube Saturday morning's, (should be on now) I saw the one that set the world record @ 265 MPH Do you go to the boat races in Washington on the short race track, ie; 14 foot boats with big Horse power motor's and co-pilots? Jet Boats. Really want to go too those.
Thanks, Tim
I only work the Lucas Oil Drag Boat Series. Once a few years back, we had the Sprint boats at a race at Firebird in Phoenix. Although the course was not like the canals you see on TV, they were very impressive and a real crowd pleaser.

If you watched the Phoenix race the last couple weeks, you probably saw all the carnage. We had 4 driver capsule on our dock at one time from all the crashes. BTW, Everybody is OK, and expected to come back.

Quote:
Coming into Lake Havasu from the North on the Colorado river would be about like entering Lake Pepin from the Mississippi, except as I recall the Colorado is a lot more shallow than the Mississippi. not sure of clarity in Lake Havasu, but below Parker dam you can see the bottom in 10 to 12 ft of water on the Colorado. I know you can't do that on the Mississippi, don't recall on the St. Croix.
Lake Havasu is a very clear lake as far as lakes go. I have dove there recovering parts and also doing capsule orientations for the drivers. It even has decent visibility up near the canal for London Bridge but better near the channel. As far as our venues around the country, it is the best visibilty of all of them. However, the water below Parker Dam is even clearer. A dam acts like a filter, trapping sediment. I want to tether myself to a kayak with a dive flag and do about a 3 mile drift dive below Parker Dam. There is no telling what treasures you might find.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #46

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Glad everyone is safe
Thanks to those capsules they sure were wicked looking on the tube. How would someone find out the itinerary for 2015 season Drag races?
Thanks, Tim
Old 12-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Glad everyone is safe
Thanks to those capsules they sure were wicked looking on the tube. How would someone find out the itinerary for 2015 season Drag races?
Thanks, Tim
It will be announced in Vegas at the awards banquet in two weeks. I can give it to you or post a link after I return.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:20 AM   #48

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
That would be wonderful and look forward to the post. Have a great time.
Tim
Old 01-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
And if you were here last weekend...The 5th Annual Havasu Balloon Festival...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	83662   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	83663  

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	415.4 KB
ID:	83664  
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:49 PM   #50

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Always wanted to see the London Bridge, So I had to go there, in 2007, Enjoyed the town, took a Gondola ride (Do not know if he still does that but have the phone number still from back then) all in all enjoyed the stay.
Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Glad everyone is safe
Thanks, Tim
As promised. 2015 Lucas Oil Drag Boat Racing Series - National Events
Old 01-31-2015, 01:04 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDay View Post
We love to spend part of March in Lake Havasu fishing for Bass. I catch the bait fish and hubby the bass (LOL). Then amble towards Lake Mead, Vegas up to Mesquite then homeward bound. Lovely place to spend some time.

Have stayed at the SP but prefer to boondock a little further away.

By the way I heard that when they bought the London Bridge they bought the wrong one so if that's the case, it's not the true London Bridge but the other one. Just a bit of trivia if anyone cares to look into the history of it's purchase.
The way we've always understood it- it's not "the" London Bridge, but a bridge from London. There's a few urban legends out there about it. And not having been there for quite a while, I recently read where the place is kind of dead and not much going on there anymore. Saw a recent pic, and not even a boat anywhere near the bridge. It used to be you could almost step boat to boat going under the bridge. And I wonder if Copper Cove is still popular with the partying set. Anyway, we always loved the area from Lake Havasu City up to Searchlight and beyond.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:15 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
Yes it's the real London Bridge but only the outside surfaces. There is a real engineered bridge with the original stones on the outside. As for the wrong one comment there was a little confusion with some people who thought it was the Tower Bridge, it's not.

As for "nothing going on anymore" that's only true about the north side of the English Village by the bridge. That areas owner has allowed it to go to he** over the last 15 years so he can pressure the city to allow him to build condos there. There is almost always something going on in town like the Balloon Festival a couple of weeks ago.

Copper Canyon is still a boating zoo on busy weekends in the summer. The boating crowd under the bridge is always kept moving by the local police but all along the channel boats are lined up almost solid during the summer.

Check out Arizona Vacation Spots | Lake Havasu Vacation Ideas
Old 02-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #54

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422902755.749132.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	84972

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422902782.445787.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	84973

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1422902796.251648.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  39.7 KB

I worked 150 hours of the Havasu Balloon Fest this year. Probably had about 38,000 people came at the festival this year. Traffic on both sides of the London Bridge was horrible until Sunday night. I did everything from setting up vendor tents and fair park lights/generators to guarding vendor gates and supervising our traffic control people (as I got baked by the sun all day &#128531 to tearing everything down after it was all over, helping the bosses and everything in between. I have never seen so many people in one place at one time. I guess I earned my volunteer of the year pin this year. I spent half of the winter over at Crazyhorse campground. It's a bit crowded but it was nice on the beachfront. We had a few traffic accidents on McCulloch Boulevard on the island side of the bridge. A child fell off of a ride, and a sky diver ran into a tree. The mayor of London landed his balloon on the London bridge in rush hour traffic and was expailed from the festival. however no serious injuries, and It was fun. Overall the festival went really well. it was truly a world class event. Maybe I'll do it again next year.

1979 Dodge Tioga Class C 24 foot. 1987 Fleetwood Bounder 34 Foot.
cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:22 PM   #55

By the way if your into stripper (bass) fishing. Now is the time in Lake Havasu. With the weather heating up strippers will be surfacing soon. Mesquite bay is an excellent place for stripper fishing. Just follow London Bridge Road down to the water!!

cimplexsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
Attachment 84972

Attachment 84973
Attachment 84974

I worked 150 hours of the Havasu Balloon Fest this year. Probably had about 38,000 people came at the festival this year. Traffic on both sides of the London Bridge was horrible until Sunday night. I did everything from setting up vendor tents and fair park lights/generators to guarding vendor gates and supervising our traffic control people (as I got baked by the sun all day &#128531 to tearing everything down after it was all over, helping the bosses and everything in between. I have never seen so many people in one place at one time. I guess I earned my volunteer of the year pin this year. I spent half of the winter over at Crazyhorse campground. It's a bit crowded but it was nice on the beachfront. We had a few traffic accidents on McCulloch Boulevard on the island side of the bridge. A child fell off of a ride, and a sky diver ran into a tree. The mayor of London landed his balloon on the London bridge in rush hour traffic and was expailed from the festival. however no serious injuries, and It was fun. Overall the festival went really well. it was truly a world class event. Maybe I'll do it again next year.

Actually, it was the Lord Mayor of London's (not the actual Mayor) balloon piloted by Andrew Holly. He is the three time (I think) and current British National hot air balloon champion.

And you're right...traffic was a nightmare.
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter