Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #1

Yeah.......I get to go camping this weekend! We'll be at Lake Louisa for 3 nites!
(of course, I just 'happen' to be going to Suncoast RV to check out a 5th wheel - but that's not the point. (okay, yes it is.......)
I'm looking for a 5th wheel - Santa is a little late, but I had to wait on the bank for the home equity loan. (Well, I can't sell it so I might as well use the equity and get to doing some more camping)...Jody & Jeff

Jody & Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #2

Yeah.......I get to go camping this weekend! We'll be at Lake Louisa for 3 nites!
(of course, I just 'happen' to be going to Suncoast RV to check out a 5th wheel - but that's not the point. (okay, yes it is.......)
I'm looking for a 5th wheel - Santa is a little late, but I had to wait on the bank for the home equity loan. (Well, I can't sell it so I might as well use the equity and get to doing some more camping)...Jody & Jeff

Old 12-27-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Jody & Jeff, enjoy the week end out camping and best of luck with your 5th wheel shoping !!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:38 AM   #4

Noticed your mention of Lake Louisa in Clermont - thinking of using it as stop spot en route to Bluewater in Key West this May. Have you been there? Did you like Lake Louisa? Thanks. (Hope OK on this forum to ask for info on CG - apologies if off topic.)
Old 12-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
LL is a nice park. Big sites, no pool. Be careful,lots of wild pigs.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 AM   #6

We also wanted to know about the park. We were down the road a bit at Thousand Trails and kept passing it.
We too had to go to Suncoast. But we went for repairs. They have a lot of 5th wheels. Good luck shopping.

2007 Itasca Meridian DP
C&C R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:19 AM   #7

Here's another nice stopover park in the Orlando area, though it's sort of unknown except by the locals (not listed in most camping guides). It is called Moss Park, an Orange Co. Park. Doesn't allow pets & no sewer hookups (has dump), max stay is 2 wks, website says reservations in person only, but we made phone reservations. They sometimes fill up on weekends, but when we left there Jan 3rd, they were 70% vacant. Spacious, high shade, 30/50 amp back-in sites, most are 50-100ft deep with large tables, firerings & grills. No pavement. Very nice & spotless bath house centrally located, lots of wildlife (turkey, cranes, deer, etc). Sits between 2 lakes, has boat/fishing docks, playgrounds. Friendly staff, very well maintained. new rates are $23, $17.25 for seniors >55. Just north & east of exit 22 from toll road 417. Gate closes at 6pm. We enjoyed it very much.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #8

I did like Lake Louisa SP, we were there 4 nights.
Funny there are signs all over -look out for wildlife - I never saw anything. We hiked also and still never saw anything. I can say we did pick some pretty good oranges though! We'll definitely go back. I liked site 40 pull thru and site 60 pull thru....
Jo