Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2014, 05:55 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
lake Wallenpaupack, PA to ?

Planning a trip from " The Pack" to:

A. Madison, WI
B. "Winnebagoville" Minnesota
C. Mt. Rushmore, SD
D. Yellowstone NP, WY
E. Bryce and Zion, UT
F. Grand Canyon, AZ

Then heading through NM, Texas, Ok, Arkansas, Tennessee, NC, VA, WV, MD and then PA.

We are allowing six weeks for the trip. Wife likes KOA's with ALL amenities. We've used our 01/02 'Minnie' for two trips last year when we bought it for a total of 1500 miles.
Looking for tips on roads to and NOT to travel. Things not to miss along the way and general travel tips.

Good Sam member, AAA, and KOA,

John, Karen and 'Winter'
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

KOA's are usually fine and my wife likes amenities as well, expecially electricity. Timing is everything. Check weather and driving conditions before you plan your trip to far in advance. Six weeks may not be enough. I spent 2 months in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons alone. My only suggestion is not to get to attached to your schedule. It may prevent you from seeing something great or adjusting to misadventures with surprise or joy. Have a great time
D in Davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA to ?

Thanks for your reply.

Was considering splitting this into two trips as my, 'navigator' uses the "or so" method for determining mileage!

John, Karen and "Winter"

Mrmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:48 AM   #4

I would suggest a Gray Hound bus! It will give you more time to see the sites!!!
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mrmedia, don't mean to hijack your thread, but I live in New York near Newburgh. Been wanting to take the coach out to Lake Wallenpaupak for a weekend. Do you know of a good spot on or near the lake where it's okay to boondock?
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA to ?

Steve,

Unfortunately, I haven't found any locations for true "boondocking". However, as you probably have searched the web, there are numerous campgrounds with hookups. It's a wonderful lake. If you boat, do so during the week in season.

Enjoy,
John and Karen
Mrmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #7

Watchman campground within the Zion park is one of our favorite spots. Try to get one along the river. You will need reservations in advance. Electricity hook up only. The narrows hike is a rated within top 10 in the country.
Knagy2688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #8

Sounds like a trip we planned several years ago, took 6 weeks off work and had it all mapped out, many of the same spots you are planning on hitting. About 2 weeks into it, we realized we were not going to have enough time and made modifications to the plan. Be flexible, you may need to do the same.
Sometimes I look here --> Roadside America - Guide to Uniquely Odd Tourist Attractions for some off beat attractions to visit.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote