Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lakeland FL Area - Early November

Looking for recommendations for a place in the Lakeland, FL area for a week's stay starting around November 5th for a 43' MH. Must be pet friendly for our German Shepherd.

Will this be bumping heads with the FL snowbirds?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #2

American Coach Owners Club
The only one I have personal knowledge of is SanLan RV park on the south side of Lakeland right off the Expressway. It is a large park with many park models but also quite a few grass sites with concrete patios and a few concrete pads sites. I stayed there last week and they told me they were totally booked Jan-March. The real snowbird crunch usually starts after Thanksgiving.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:33 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We own a lot in Deer Creek, about 30 minutes from Lakeland. A little closer is Bay Lake or Mt. Olive shores. I'd think all of them would be able to accommodate a week in November. It's after the holidays that the pickin's will get very slim.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:10 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Sky_Boss,
Consider Mt. Olive Shores North at About Mt. Olive Shores North - Florida RV Community
Your dates are at the beginning of "season". There should be room for you.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:37 PM   #5

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding a spot either. November is still early.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks All!

Set up a week at Mt. Olive Shores North in one of the guest sites. Of course, we will nicely listen to a sales pitch. I think we will be the Clampett family after seeing some of the listings. LOL
Old 10-10-2015, 08:44 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Thanks All!... I think we will be the Clampett family after seeing some of the listings. LOL
You own an oil well too?
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
You own an oil well too?
I WISH!
Old 11-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
We own a lot in Deer Creek, about 30 minutes from Lakeland. A little closer is Bay Lake or Mt. Olive shores. I'd think all of them would be able to accommodate a week in November. It's after the holidays that the pickin's will get very slim.
WELL...

After spending a week at Mt Olive Shores North...we are spending the whole winter here!

Our reasons to come to this area was a bit of just wanting to check parts of FL out and to see some family members. We had plans to scoot along the coast to TX but we really like what we see here. Perhaps it is a bit of "new" but it has possibilities so we decided to give this area a test drive. I am working on picking one of 3 or 4 sites to rent through March. I should have a final answer by Monday at the latest. The going rate around this place is about $800/month on interior sites and a bit more for lake view ones.

We visited Bay Lake yesterday and will check out Deer Creek and a couple other places in the area. If we decide to buy in the area to create an anchor point we would probably just start with a pad and room to build a casita. We saw an awesome one at Bay Lake but we think we can actually build a bit cheaper at MOSN.

The prices around here really got beat to heck back in 09 and are just starting to rebound. I'm not looking for an "investment" but it might be smart to buy sooner than later.

Anyway...THANKS for the tips to both you and Gary. Originally it was just for a short time but...who knows?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #10
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Bay lake is very nice. We spent quite a bit of time checking it out. Deer Creek is fine but not as pristine as Bay Lake. If you want lots of folks and close shopping then Deer Creek is the place. Bay Lake is a bit far from any shopping. Not that many miles but in this area (lakeland), you have to travel around many lakes to go a few miles. We live about four miles from Bay lake to the South. Bay lake is actually Lake Mattie.

We found a property that previously held a mobile home. A nice slab of concrete with water, power, and sewer. We had to drop a permanent structure (mobile home) to satisfy the local govt. We have a nice dock, new sheds, and a home base now.

Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote