Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-31-2018, 07:40 PM   #1

Lazy days Tampa Florida questions????

Hey guys so I’m flying to Tampa Florida to pick up my new rig! Class a diesel pusher, and I am very excited

I’m flying in on Friday, staying at a hotel and going their 1st thing Saturday morning

I am going to camp at lazy days over night Saturday and leave Sunday AM

Any thing I should do or any thing like that or some insight... love any little details y’all can give me

Thanks
lmldura is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2018, 07:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmldura View Post
Hey guys so I’m flying to Tampa Florida to pick up my new rig! Class a diesel pusher, and I am very excited

I’m flying in on Friday, staying at a hotel and going their 1st thing Saturday morning

I am going to camp at lazy days over night Saturday and leave Sunday AM

Any thing I should do or any thing like that or some insight... love any little details y’all can give me

Thanks
What are your plans if you find something that needs to be repaired when you do the walk through of the MH?
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #3

New or Used? Either way I'd hire an independent inspector to look over the coach. When I talked to one of their salesman 2 years or so ago they will allow inspections as long as the coach doesn't leave the property. That may have changed.

I would drive it and stay in it a couple of days to make sure it's what you think it is.

When I bought my used coach (not at Lazy Days) I had a chassis inspection and the seller fixed $5000 worth of stuff. The house stuff can get expensive but the chassis stuff can get really expensive.

Good luck, what make and model?
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexters View Post
What are your plans if you find something that needs to be repaired when you do the walk through of the MH?

Spoke with them and anything messed up, and no my right will be shipped direct to me and any warrenty will be done at local dealer ???

Right or wrong
Old 05-31-2018, 07:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
New or Used? Either way I'd hire an independent inspector to look over the coach. When I talked to one of their salesman 2 years or so ago they will allow inspections as long as the coach doesn't leave the property. That may have changed.

I would drive it and stay in it a couple of days to make sure it's what you think it is.

When I bought my used coach (not at Lazy Days) I had a chassis inspection and the seller fixed $5000 worth of stuff. The house stuff can get expensive but the chassis stuff can get really expensive.

Good luck, what make and model?

18 Legacy 38C new

I own 5 shops and can check over a new coach like a new car.

I’m so excited
Old 05-31-2018, 08:18 PM   #6

More or less looking for tips about the facility etc

Pool nice?
What is in walking distance???
Anything I should buy as well while their worth getting? Nice facility?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:19 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Lazy Days has a small cafeteria in the sales area, and a restaurant at the campground that I know nothing about. But there is a Cracker Barrel Restaurant right next door to the sales center, which is a really good place to eat. I meet friends there once a month, and I usually see Lazy Days personnel eating at Cracker Barrel every time I go. I did not purchase my RV at Lazy Days, but I have purchased items in their store, next building to the east from their sales center. For parts, accessories, equipment, to just "nice things to have for your RV", they have an excellent selection. Expert advice available if you have any questions on any of the products. I found Rick Robinson to be very knowledgeable in answering my questions.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:25 PM   #8

I reeeeeeeeeeealy hope this works for you. Seems so rushed.
I hope you know what to check for .....5 shops or not.
Tell me this isnt your first RV.
GOOD LUCK!
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmldura View Post
Spoke with them and anything messed up, and no my right will be shipped direct to me and any warrenty will be done at local dealer ???

Right or wrong
Meaningless if not in writing.
dexters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:32 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
x2 on the Get it in writing. I would ask if others have experience buying from them, and what the service was like afterwards. I think I would want more time after delivery before taking it too far away.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:38 PM   #11

If crown club level coach plan to stay for several days...fly home while issues are fixed and repeat. We have experience there.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
I reeeeeeeeeeealy hope this works for you. Seems so rushed.
I hope you know what to check for .....5 shops or not.
Tell me this isnt your first RV.
GOOD LUCK!

I have had 2 others older with issues from being old

This RV being new should be good????

What is the normal procedure? Stay for a week ?
Old 05-31-2018, 08:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
If crown club level coach plan to stay for several days...fly home while issues are fixed and repeat. We have experience there.

Can you shed light on what issues??? I mean the RV is new, and I know they are not prefect but dang
Old 05-31-2018, 08:56 PM   #14

Once again anyone’s thought will be greatly appreciated very very much!

It has full warrenty so any issues a l pal dealer can handle

What all do I need to lol at over all?

Can some one chime in

I just sold a 32fr fleetwood I loved
Pulled 25ft trailer.

Maybe help

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, florida