Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #1

Nor'easters Club
Can you stay at the park just for a vacation or do you need to be having somthing done at lazydays to stay in there park. Wife and I are thinking about maybe going down there this feb 06 just to look at the rigs they have and see Fla my wife has been to Fla with her family when she was teen I have never been and thought that this might be a fun way to spend some time. Never been to Lazy days purchased our unit from campers inn in NH then heard about lazy days but wife would have neber purchased a unit that far away for 1st unit. we live in mass.

Can anyone also tell me about there park whats it like or am I wasting my vacation time.

thanks
Mark & Joanne
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2005, 09:30 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Can you stay at the park just for a vacation or do you need to be having somthing done at lazydays to stay in there park. Wife and I are thinking about maybe going down there this feb 06 just to look at the rigs they have and see Fla my wife has been to Fla with her family when she was teen I have never been and thought that this might be a fun way to spend some time. Never been to Lazy days purchased our unit from campers inn in NH then heard about lazy days but wife would have neber purchased a unit that far away for 1st unit. we live in mass.

Can anyone also tell me about there park whats it like or am I wasting my vacation time.

thanks
Mark & Joanne
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 35U

Old 12-12-2005, 09:52 AM   #3

You can stay there any time. We use the campground quite often when traveling in that area. If they are having a rally, you might have a problem getting a site. Call first.

2004 Winnebago Adventure 37B
Charles99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 AM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have stayed there for a week, while there was a couple of rallies going on. It's a great spot to view rigs and it is fairly reasonable. It is very tight, and I saw a couple of spots where the sewer hose went up hill from the RV?????, figure that one out.

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 11:20 AM   #5

Let them know you are interested in a new unit and they will probably give you a night or two free. It is a great place to overnight or spend a few days. Just call in advance, make a reservation and you are set to go.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:54 AM   #6

It'll be a great trip and you will enjoy LD.
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM   #7

We stayed there at our FMCA club rally. We try to keep our nightly rates under $20 on average as we are fulltimers on a budget. At the time we stayed, (2003) the rate was $23/nite, but we got a free breakfast and lunch Mon-Fri, plus a newspaper every day. That made it a very economical park to visit, and they have a zillion units for you to view. Camping World and Flying J are on site also, so it is a great destination park.
SeaRay
Old 01-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #8

Rally Park is a nice clean park and well kept. If you like to ride your bike it is a great place also. My wife and I ride all over the park and to camping world without getting on any main roads. My only complaint is the preasure washers on trailers that go from site to site washing campers. I keep my rig clean and I hate to have them spraying water all over my coach (the wind) while washing the coach next to mine. But I still go there and love it.
Safe travels, Jim Bob
Old 01-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #9

Last time in Florida, we tour Lazy Days and Rally Park. It does look like a first class operation and we talked to them about purchasing a new coach, but in the end, they could not match the price we are getting for the Suncruiser we are picking up Friday.
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I beat Lazy Days, last chance best offer by $12,000 from a dealer in NY. LD did send me a $25 gift cert to Cracker Barrel and keeps sending me free nights at their campground.

Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #11

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was at Rally Park for the New Years rally and found out that the MH washing was stopped. You now have to make an appointment and take the MH over to the companies wash bay.

2002 Brave 34D
JnGOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #12

The up date on no more motor home washing on site is the best news I've heard this year. We have a son we visit in the area and love to stay at Rally Park. Now I won't have to stand guard as the dirt from the coach next door flies in the air. One summer we arrived after I had spent days washing and waxing my coach and they showed up to wash the coach behind mine. Do you know haw fast soapy water dries in 90 degree weather?
Now I'm a happy camoer!!Jim Bob
Old 01-15-2006, 02:12 PM   #13
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
I can confirm that. No washing of anything with water.

Hello from site #4 up against the fence right on the road. We were here earlier this year on for 10 days or so site #3. Go figure. I guess you have to have some type of seniority to get into the park.

My 20A GFI is broke, they should send someone here tomorrow to fix it. We're here for the SuperSale Rally. In the morning we go and get our rally bag from the office.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:16 AM   #14

Mark, re your comment that wife would not buy from a dealer that far away from home. When we lived in MA we bought 3 motorhomes in FL-2 were from Lazy Days. A dealer close to home does not necessarily equate to good service, i.e. if you need service while in FL what good is that NH dealer going to be to you. Frankly, after having had 4 motorohomes I look at strictly net purchase cost as 99% of the service we have ever needed has been when we were not anywhere near home. But, then on the other hand that is why they still make vanilla and chocolate, Ken..