Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Leaving rig while flying home

We will be flying home from Denver and was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a campground to leave our 5th wheel while gone.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 10:48 PM   #2

Does it have to be a campground ... what about long term parking near the airport ...

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
I don't think we want to leave it at the long term parking, using propane to keep the refrigerator going. I've almost talked myself into leaving the rig at a campground. We are still in the "thinking" stage.
Old 07-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well Thousand Trails has two campgrounds in Co, but I don't know how close to Denver, MOST TT parks have open storage somewhere on site, rates are not all that bad.

You might also check truck warehouses, some of them may have storage.

And of course the police impound lots in the area, They have some security but alas, not as much as I'd like to see.

Finally.. Yellow pages (I don't know if it's yellowpages or yp .com)
Old 07-18-2011, 11:08 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have no info about Denver area, however we have left ours at several over the years and have been gone from it for as long as several months. When we left it for months we found a self storage lot and stored it as we would when doing winter storage. When we used the campgrounds, we found that almost all had a short term area for that purpose. I cannot think of any af them that had hookups in those areas. If you want to leave it hooked up my guess would be that you may be able to negotiate a reduced deal with the management and leave it on the site if they tend to never be completely full. Most parks seem to have those few spots that are rarely used and you might be able to deal with them for one of those.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 PM   #6

This site may be useful to you

Golden RV Parks

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Thank you for the responses. We have found an individual in Denver who will allow us to park on their property (for the price of dinner ) and another who has an extra refrigerator for our cold food items. I think I've found my solution!