Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #15

Where is the OP planning on staying? Just West of Omaha (and right next to the Strategic Air Command Museum, is Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, about 30 miles from Lincoln.

My mother did family research for both sides of our family and also for hire, for about 25 years. Since we lived close to where some of her ancestors lived and moved on from, I got to spend a lot of time as a kid sitting in Cemeteries, among other places. I still have all of her records. Couldn't appreciate it at the time, but after she passed away, I realized the work and devotion she put into creating a detailed and accurate record of the many, many people involved in our families.

Charles
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2017, 10:48 PM   #16

Foretravel Owners Club
Shoemakers Truck Stop(s) just west of town, good eats and they have a bunch of old trucks and stuff.
Have spent several nights in their parking lots, both in an 18 wheeler and in the shack.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:38 PM   #17

I lived in Lincoln for 7 years while getting educated. I get back about once/year. For lunch I always have to hit the big three: Valentino's pizza, Runza and Taco Johns.

But for your gastronomical health, don't partake of all three on the same day
Old 02-28-2017, 10:07 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Lincoln Nebraska

Ummm...Lincoln is a good place to be from...just saying..
billgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #19

Shoemakers has a nice restaurant, senior discount, neat memorabilia, and a free dump station all just a few miles from the airport. But DO NOT use the dump station. It is a hole in the pavement next to a building in the truck area and overflows vigorously and makes a terrible mess (two years in a row so I finally learned to use the dump at Camp-A-Way municipal RV park).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
Shoemakers Truck Stop(s) just west of town, good eats and they have a bunch of old trucks and stuff.
Have spent several nights in their parking lots, both in an 18 wheeler and in the shack.
2005 Safari (Monaco)Trek 28RB2, Workhorse W20, 8.1, Allison 1000 5 spd, UltraPower engine & tranny, Track bars & sway bars, KONI FSD, FMCA 190830, Safari Int'l. chapter. 1999 Safari Trek 2830, 1995 Safari Trek 2430, 1983 Winnebago Chieftain, 1976 Midas Mini
George Schweikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:46 PM   #20

If you like old cars, try and see the Speedway Motors museum. Also see Homestead national Monument by Beatrice and the Rock Creek Station Historical park between Beatrice and Fairbury (Old Pony Express and Oregon Trail stop where Wild Bill Hickok 'made his bones')
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote