Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #29

That picture is nothing but rubbing our noses in it!!! You just not right!!lol. Actually jelious here. I can't wait to get back over there. Sure great to be able to travel Enjoy

Russell

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2014, 11:06 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomster View Post
The problem is not the lobster...it is all that melted butter you dip it in!!!

Lobster without butter is like Pizza without beer...!

Nay nay!! Get the lobster fresh enough, no butter needed!

Place I used to keep my boat there were a few comm'l lobster boats. They'd call on the radio inbound and sell the culls dirt cheap on the dock. Lobster less than two hours out of the ocean is so sweet butter is a sacrilege!

Lobster and clams, butter just masks the flavor!

JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #31

After what I saw in Maine last year I am surprised there are any lobstermen left in the business. The wholesale and retail prices in Maine went so low many lobstermen pulled their gear and dry docked their boats....couldn't make the cost of fuel based on the prices lobster were selling for. I lobstered commercially from 1970-1976 and last year wholesale prices dropped to levels I saw in the 1970's......no way anyone could pay current expenses at that price. The cause was simple....too many lobsters!! Yet retails around the country stayed near levels of prior years. The middle man took advantage of the oversupply and made extra money. Last year friends who live in Maine were paying $3 a pound at the docks !!!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:37 AM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomster View Post
After what I saw in Maine last year I am surprised there are any lobstermen left in the business. The wholesale and retail prices in Maine went so low many lobstermen pulled their gear and dry docked their boats....couldn't make the cost of fuel based on the prices lobster were selling for. I lobstered commercially from 1970-1976 and last year wholesale prices dropped to levels I saw in the 1970's......no way anyone could pay current expenses at that price. The cause was simple....too many lobsters!! Yet retails around the country stayed near levels of prior years. The middle man took advantage of the oversupply and made extra money. Last year friends who live in Maine were paying $3 a pound at the docks !!!
I'd happily pay $4 a pound here in southwest Colorado....
pagosajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailiff View Post
We enjoyed Trenton Bridge too but there are better options as to price. My bride got a 3 1/2 pounder there.Attachment 68635Attachment 68636

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
We lived on Phillips Lake at Lucerne in Maine and Trenton Bridge was a regular stop on the way back from Mt Desert Island. First time there my girlfriend (now wife), a Maine native, told me she couldn't eat lobster She was allergic. I asked what would happen if she did but she didn't know, never tried. She took a small bite and hasn't slowed down since. She eats all of hers and 1/2 of mine. She called her mother when we got home to let her know. Turns out her mom told her she was allergic when she was a child because they couldn't afford lobster for the kids.

There's another good lobster pound on Rt 1 in Sullivan, east of Ellsworth
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #34

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you've traveled along the coast of ME you no doubt have seen the huge lobster outside of Wimpy & Ruth's Restaurant. The DW can't remember exactly where it is (she does not like lobster,clams or fish but they have great pie) but we always stop there for lunch on our way to schoodic point to clam. We also then head down to Corea and Winter Harbor. As a kid her family vacationed in Corea every Summer. It's very quaint and away from most of the tourist traffic of BH.

Wimpy's also has the outside steamers for lobster and clams.

TeJay
Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 AM   #35

The boiling pots at Trenton Bridge on Monday evening