Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 163
Sorry it didn't work out....like you say, maybe another time. Lots of great hospitals in St. Louis area.
__________________

__________________
Rick & Marilynn - Warren County Missouri
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab pulling a 1996 Play-Mor TimberCreek Travel Trailer
Traveling with Hannah the Pug
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
dsbike's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hampstead, NC
Posts: 1,391
Well the trip to St Louis is back on. We leave on Monday 5-17. The hospital where my wife will be working felt so bad about all the confusion they offered her a choice of shifts. She was originally to work 3, 12hr shifts 7p-7a a week. She will be working 11a-11p which will work out much better for her commute back to Charlotte. I work for a major airline and we fly standby, with that said , the best flight to fly is the early morning flight & as of now it departs STL at 6am.
Thanks to everyones suggestions here & my own research I still have all the contacts & info to ste us up for the next 3 months.
YES we do have a contract in hand, wouldn't leave home without one.
__________________

__________________
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Well the trip to St Louis is back on. We leave on Monday 5-17. The hospital where my wife will be working felt so bad about all the confusion they offered her a choice of shifts. She was originally to work 3, 12hr shifts 7p-7a a week. She will be working 11a-11p which will work out much better for her commute back to Charlotte. I work for a major airline and we fly standby, with that said , the best flight to fly is the early morning flight & as of now it departs STL at 6am.
Thanks to everyones suggestions here & my own research I still have all the contacts & info to ste us up for the next 3 months.
YES we do have a contract in hand, wouldn't leave home without one.

Congrats! Should enjoy your stay in St Louis.....lots to do and see here.

I will be on one of those 6am flight to Charlotte in June! Going there to catch a non-stop to Frankfort to be there when my granddaughter graduates from high school.....her parents are stationed there. She is my heart child; first grandchild, and born on my birthday!
Marilynn
__________________
Rick & Marilynn - Warren County Missouri
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab pulling a 1996 Play-Mor TimberCreek Travel Trailer
Traveling with Hannah the Pug
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
dsbike's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hampstead, NC
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRV View Post
Congrats! Should enjoy your stay in St Louis.....lots to do and see here.

I will be on one of those 6am flight to Charlotte in June! Going there to catch a non-stop to Frankfort to be there when my granddaughter graduates from high school.....her parents are stationed there. She is my heart child; first grandchild, and born on my birthday!
Marilynn
We are looking forward to visiting MO. We are very much outdoors people. I am hauling my kayaks, bicycles, tent and hiking gear. Hope to see alot.

Thank You in advance for flying USAirways. If you are flying USAirways or Luftansa to Frankfurt then you will have a few hours to spare in CLT. If flying USA, I may be part of the maint crew preparing your a/c for the flight. I usually work that flt on Fri & Sat.
__________________
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:15 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
We are looking forward to visiting MO. We are very much outdoors people. I am hauling my kayaks, bicycles, tent and hiking gear. Hope to see alot.

Thank You in advance for flying USAirways. If you are flying USAirways or Luftansa to Frankfurt then you will have a few hours to spare in CLT. If flying USA, I may be part of the maint crew preparing your a/c for the flight. I usually work that flt on Fri & Sat.

Be sure to check out the Katy trail while you are here......and the Arch, and Union Station (well, OK, you do have to have an imagination to get the full historical impact of Union Station, nowadays.) I actually boarded a train out of there to go to PA to visit my grandparents many many years ago, when it was an actual train station. Old Town St. Charles is right on the Katy Trail; you HAVE to check out our zoo, and the botanical gardens, and there are probably 8 state parks you can get to from St. Louis in a matter of hours. Most with great hiking trails. I'm not sure about the kayak.......is that a river or a lake thing? The Mississippi is way too dangerous at St. Louis for a small boat like that, IMHO at least. But we have several fabulous 'floating' rivers in easy reach from St. Louis.

Yes, I am flying UsAir to Frankfort......I know I have a bit of a lay over.....my flight out is around 4pm-ish, but I don't mind. I am a worry wart about airport security and getting through all the necessary checkpoints, so I much prefer hours to spare. Besides, airport shopping is the best! I am leaving on a Tuesday, though............
__________________
Rick & Marilynn - Warren County Missouri
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab pulling a 1996 Play-Mor TimberCreek Travel Trailer
Traveling with Hannah the Pug
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
dsbike's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hampstead, NC
Posts: 1,391
Thanks to all for your suggestions. We spent our first night at the Queens Casino RV park. It is a very nice park. We wish it was more affordable & convenient for what we need. I could not get any answers on a monthly rate there. We ended up parking in the Marquette Mobile Village. This is more of a Moile home village than a campground but it fits are needs & is very convienient to shopping, restaraunts, & the airport which we will be using almost every week.

Thanks for the suggestions of the Katy Trail, I looked it up on the web today & it is very close to where we are. The kayaks are more lake & mild rivers with out rapids. It appears there are several places to get on the water for a couple hours of paddling.
__________________
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Thanks to all for your suggestions. We spent our first night at the Queens Casino RV park. It is a very nice park. We wish it was more affordable & convenient for what we need. I could not get any answers on a monthly rate there. We ended up parking in the Marquette Mobile Village. This is more of a Moile home village than a campground but it fits are needs & is very convienient to shopping, restaraunts, & the airport which we will be using almost every week.

Thanks for the suggestions of the Katy Trail, I looked it up on the web today & it is very close to where we are. The kayaks are more lake & mild rivers with out rapids. It appears there are several places to get on the water for a couple hours of paddling.
SUPER! So glad you found a place that works for you.......yes, Marquette is very convenient to just about anything you should need or want. And since you are here for a longish time I bet it works great. But, don't forget to check out St. Louis while you are here. Downtown is a very up and coming vibrant area.......lots of eateries (any kind of food you could imagine!), and of course the river front, and then there is the CWE (Central West End), an historical area to explore, and Forest Park is there. I think the majority of the CWE is bicycle friendly, too. I KNOW Forest Park is, so don't miss it. And then, there is Tower Grove Park, Soulard, The Botanical Gardens, The Lemp mansion, all the antique stores on Cherokee Street, lots of museums including the home of a jazz legend, a toy museum, and even one dedicated to the dog.........and so much more!
No matter what you do, just enjoy our city, and WELCOME!
__________________
Rick & Marilynn - Warren County Missouri
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab pulling a 1996 Play-Mor TimberCreek Travel Trailer
Traveling with Hannah the Pug
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
dsbike's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hampstead, NC
Posts: 1,391
Hi all. We have been in St Louis for 2 months now & we were originally only to be here 3 months, we will now be here for 5 months. We have enjoyed discovering your city & the North Eastern part of your state. I will be in town for 2 weeks & my wife & I will be traveling down to Branson next week for 5 days. We still haven't made it to a Cardinals Game, but now with the extended stay maybe we can make it to one that fits our schedule.

Just thought I would give you an update.
__________________
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 163
So glad you are enjoying your stay......and I know you will like Branson. A lot of us go several times a year to catch the shows. Do try real hard to fit in a Cardinals game. We like to show off our team (no cracks from the peanut gallery about their record - we love them anyway) AND their new 'home'. The stadium is great. Also, very convenient....you can take the Metro in too, you know? I actually walk to the stadium, sometimes at lunch time, from my office.
Anyway, thanks for sharing......and hope you continue to enjoy your stay.
__________________

__________________
Rick & Marilynn - Warren County Missouri
2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab pulling a 1996 Play-Mor TimberCreek Travel Trailer
Traveling with Hannah the Pug
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driving a long distance with a flat inside dual skooper Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 31 05-22-2010 09:56 PM
how long is too long? Monster99 iRV2.com General Discussion 10 05-13-2010 04:50 PM
Long term Camping in Las Vegas dsbike Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 6 01-22-2010 02:31 PM
Irving, TX Long term park advice? Moder2 Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 4 07-01-2009 06:29 PM
Route from North Texas to Vegas Captdonswife Navigation, Routes & Roads 5 10-28-2008 11:39 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.