Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #1

Looking for a Florida lot

My wife and I are headed to Florida on Wednesday. While there, we'd like to look at possible lots to purchase. We would prefer central-ish, perhaps Gulf side; nothing much above Ocala or below Fort Myers. We like the Leesburg/Clermont area. We would only be down there a couple months in the winter, and maybe a couple short visits at other times, so we would like a place where we could rent the lot when we're not there. Pickle ball courts are a must, and line dancing would be a plus, too. We'd prefer a site with its own electric meter, not shared with other sites, and with reasonable - maybe $100-125/month fees. We plan to look at Cypress Trails in Fort Myers; can anyone offer any insight to that resort? We appreciate any input from members. Thanks.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #2

Looking for a Florida lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefromperry View Post
My wife and I are headed to Florida on Wednesday. While there, we'd like to look at possible lots to purchase. We would prefer central-ish, perhaps Gulf side; nothing much above Ocala or below Fort Myers. We like the Leesburg/Clermont area. We would only be down there a couple months in the winter, and maybe a couple short visits at other times, so we would like a place where we could rent the lot when we're not there. Pickle ball courts are a must, and line dancing would be a plus, too. We'd prefer a site with its own electric meter, not shared with other sites, and with reasonable - maybe $100-125/month fees. We plan to look at Cypress Trails in Fort Myers; can anyone offer any insight to that resort? We appreciate any input from members. Thanks.

Cypress Trails backs up to Cypress Woods which is about 15-18 years old with more mature foliage. Look in both. There is a resort on US 27 south of Clermont and just north of the Thousand Trails location. Elite Resort at Citrus Valley.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07

Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #3

Quote:
Are you serious? There is nothing in Florida any where near the rates you mentioned above!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 PM   #4

I'm not talking about rental fees; I'm talking about the monthly/quarterly association dues if we purchase a place. Am I still way off?
Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #5

Quote:
I'm not talking about rental fees; I'm talking about the monthly/quarterly association dues if we purchase a place. Am I still way off?
Try $250 to $500 a month at least!

Stano
Stano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #6

Quote:

You are somewhat low but in the ball park. Cypress Woods is $560/qtr.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We're in central Florida, about 20 minutes from Disney, 20 - 25 miles south of Orlando, maybe 30 minutes south of Clermont, just off I4 and highway 27. Monthly HOA fees in our community (there are five within Deer Creek, ours is class A restrictive) are $200 plus a newly instituted assessment (the lot owners bought the resort a year ago and need to build a reserve) of about $175 per year.

Renting the lot during the winter season is reasonable, but we were here in July and were the only coach on our street. There's somewhere between little and no demand in the summer.

Deer Creek resales
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	site on 4th.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	440.6 KB
ID:	84390  
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:03 AM   #8
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Ditto the Deer Creek resort. Nice place. There are several in the near vicinity of that one too.
http://www.rvparkstore.com/rv-park-d...ida/auburndale
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #9

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I happen to watch a Auction program on Direct TV last night that sells land in Fla and last night was on Ft.Myers and Punta Gorda (sp)
7500 -10,000 sq Ft. lots were going for $1300-$3200 they were just off I4 and like 6 minutes to 27. You have to build though. They were saying taxes were $200.27 per year.
These are vacant lots with in a housing development. No Trailers must be a house.
Was interesting to say the least
I have watched this program many times before. They often sell houses also which is a interest to me.
JS,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
For only a 2 month stay and a couple of other times.
It would be much cheaper to rent then buy. Unless you will spend 6 months or more at a time there. Summer rental would probably be slim to none on a lot.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I think you will be better served if you rent. Renting will let you leave when things deteriorate , or become mismanaged, which they often seem to do. Check out something near the Villages-LOTS to do there, & GREAT Pickle Ball facility.

Tags
florida