Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #1

Looking for a nice RV park near Seattle

The Mrs. and I are scheming on a weekend trip up to Seattle and would love to hear any reccomendations for a nice park to stay at.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
I just checked RVparkreview.com and couldn't find anything listed for seattle check out this google link Google

Old 08-18-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
RVM 18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I park in my daughter's Seattle back yard every summer. It sure beats sweltering in the heat.

Seattle is a BIG place. What are you wanting to do or see? Maybe I can help you find a park close. For just a weekend can you boondock? You won't need airconditioning, the Pacific Ocean keeps us cool.
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #4

There's not much close-in to the city, and what's there are mainly mobile home parks that have a few slots for transient RVers. The best place, according to many people, is Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. We lived in Bothell for 15 years or so and still have family close by, so we've never stayed there. There's fairly frequent transit bus service into the city from there also.

Strongly recommend using the buses whenever feasible, since Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the nation and parking is very expensive (if you can ever find any!)
Old 08-18-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
CD

There is an RV park/ maybe also mobile home park about 12 mile east of down town Seattle on I90. I don't remember the name but could get if you are interested. My daughter & SIL stayed there for a couple mons. when he was in a haspital and recovering. I don't know what you mean by "nice". This one looked like a bunch of RVs parked side by side. It seamed to be clean and not just a bunch of junkers. There was some nice looking RVs there.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankdamp View Post
There's not much close-in to the city, and what's there are mainly mobile home parks that have a few slots for transient RVers. The best place, according to many people, is Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell. We lived in Bothell for 15 years or so and still have family close by, so we've never stayed there. There's fairly frequent transit bus service into the city from there also.

Strongly recommend using the buses whenever feasible, since Seattle has some of the worst traffic in the nation and parking is very expensive (if you can ever find any!)
Great place to park and about as close to Seattle that you're going to get.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:57 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
If you check the reviews you'll find a mixed bag for the KOA in Kent. We stay there every time we want to go to Seattle. We have had tight sites and we have had less tight sites. With a reservation you should be able to get a 50 amp site if that's what you want. They are slightly roomier than the other sites. Again, we know what we are getting, and that is the location. I should say that we haven't been back in about 4 years, but given the more recent reviews I don't think anything of importance to us has changed. It's an older KOA, but it is where we want it to be.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #8

You leave a lot open with this question. Do you want to go mainly to Seattle or the Western Washington area? When are you traveling here? A lot of the out-of-staters I've met stay a ways out of Seattle and travel into the city for day trips. Any chance your retired military? Some of the nicest parks are on the many military bases in the Puget Sound area

Both US Army Retired - Fort Lewis, WA
Cilrah is offline   Reply With Quote