Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #1

Looking for a review on Twin Lakes Resort in Florida

We'll be leaving from Aiken, SC December 28th heading down to Florida. Our campground membership includes Twin Lakes Resort in DeFuniak Springs, Florida. Anyone ever stayed there that can give me some information on the resort and the area?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macantic View Post
We'll be leaving from Aiken, SC December 28th heading down to Florida. Our campground membership includes Twin Lakes Resort in DeFuniak Springs, Florida. Anyone ever stayed there that an give me some information on the resort and the area?
We live not far from there but its been a few years since we visited. We will try to get over there and check it out and report back in a few days.

SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #3

Thank you very much! Much appreciated!!!!
Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 AM   #4

Also live close and a friend told me it was pretty nice, so I will also head over there. It is about 12 miles from the beaches, and a little further to Destin.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #5

O.K. Went to take a look at Twin Lakes Resort. The following opinions are mine alone and will probably differ from others. Your mileage may vary. Ref: Google search for "Twin Lakes Resort, DeFuniak Springs, Florida."

Was Holley-King Lakes Resort of Travel Resorts of America. Members only deal. Someone bought the business from them. Now its open to the public.
The word Resort should be Campground.
About 10 to 15 minutes from shopping, eateries, etc.. In country setting on a large lake.
$20.00 Winter and $30.00 Summer season. No discounts.
Paved road to the campground and gravel driveways after entering. I don't know what your RV is (TT, 5th wheel, C, A, tent) but looking at the map on the website Spots A1, 2, 3, C4 and pull thru are OK for over 30 foot units. The remaining Spots I would say are good for TT and shorter Class C.
It is an older campground but the entire place is clean. Leaves all over the ground but that is to be expected this time of year.
I know first hand these are good Bass and Crappie fishing lakes. Not for big boats. More like canoe and 10-12 foot flat bottom boats due to the stumps and obstacles in the water (which contributes to the good fish habitate).
Some full hook ups with 50A advertised. Clean Club Houses with big screen TV. Only one RV there today.
Have any questions I'll try to answer for you.
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida