Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2015, 05:29 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Grand Canyon Railway RV Park in Williams and Distant Drums in Camp Verde

We stayed in Williams at Grand Canyon Railway RV Park and took the train to the GC. It was an all day adventure and a great way to see the GC. We signed up for a bus trip once there that included lunch. It doesn't give you tons of time in GC, but it gave us a great overview. The train trip itself from Williams was lots of fun and they have people who provide entertainment and informational talks along the trip. We loved Williams...yes it is touristy but very cute. We also have a 40', National Pacifica, and found the RV park had plenty of room for us to put slides out and have our own space. With 3 slides sometimes that is not easy to achieve.

If you decide to go down to Sedona area we stayed in Camp Verde at Distant Drums RV Park. Loved this park and the people who work there. It is very close to the hwy but you really don't hear it. Again, lots of great space in their sites and a very well maintained RV park. We stayed there as a base came and visited Jerome, Sedona and Cottonwood. There are many sites to see around there...Montezuma's Castle and Tuzigot were close by and very interesting.

Have a great trip.....Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by akadeadeye View Post
Trailer Village a a couple of nights, drive through Williams, then south to Sedona, Cottonwood, Jerome, Prescott, then southeast to Roosevelt lake.

Don

RobinfromCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #16

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
...Also thinking about something like a horseback day trip to the bottom. Anyone done that?...
Years ago when we were at the GC there was a one year backlog on reservations for the horseback trip.

jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:35 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Robin. That was really nice of you (and so many others) to take the time to give us such good and detailed information.
With our guest that train ride deal sounds like a blast and a great way for me to get a "vacation" day also!
Me thinks we gave up on the horseback ride after realizing I have only ridden a horse once. That was just like 2 hours on a mountain trail years ago.
And I am still sore.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:15 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
Robin. That was really nice of you (and so many others) to take the time to give us such good and detailed information.
With our guest that train ride deal sounds like a blast and a great way for me to get a "vacation" day also!
Me thinks we gave up on the horseback ride after realizing I have only ridden a horse once. That was just like 2 hours on a mountain trail years ago.
And I am still sore.
I have seen the faces of the riders, the times I have hiked the Bright Angel Trail. It's not a look of terror, it's pure agony. It's 4400 vertical feet both ways. Anybody that has ever ridden downhill knows what you are talking about. I'll' stick to my backpack and hiking poles, thank you.

BTW, they use mules in the Grand Canyon. There is a long and interesting history associated with the mules and their handlers.

Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote